Panic Attacks

by trailerfitter 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

To me Panic and Anxiety attacks are the direct result of Cognitive Dissonance. Two (or more) opposing beliefs kept at bay for extended periods by unfounded logic simply can't coexist in the subconscious without some sort of unpleasant physical manifestation occuring.

I survived the last few years in my Career as a life long JW by having a small container of beer on hand in my vehicle on meeting nights. I'm not in any way a drinker so only a mouthfull or two would do the trick. This was the only thing that could stave off the horrible anxiety quickly. I wound up being only able to go to the Sunday meeting and I'd have to step outside during the intermission and have a mouthful of beer or drive to a near by mini-mart to get some. Isn't that the saddest craziest thing you've ever heard of anyone having to do in order to survive a meeting?

The very week I made up my mind to quit altogether, the panic and anxiety stopped and they haven't returned in over three years.

Jw's will tell you you aren't leaning on Jehovah enough or that Satan is testing you. Don't beleive it, your inner voice is demanding that you listen to it and it won't go away until it has been given the proper attention.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

You know when I was young we were under constant awareness of a possible nuclear attack. My father was in the forces and we lived right next to the Soviets in East Germany. I was never terrified by prepared to face it happening ,..this lasted well into my thirties.. I havce alway had the equipment for a distaer ready or a Land Rover ready with equipment if something kicks off. If not a Nuclear War then an ecological disaster. I cannot understant the logic in the WT ideals that jehovah ( the bad bread maker as I call it) will make everything allright. That if I was a member would cause me the most grief. Without being prepared with shovels a shelter, equipment I would feel naked.

What has changed now I am starting to get that "fight or flight" buzz having to face the JWs at any pointy it time...they definitly have caused a reaction like this ands this is pushes me close to an edge for sure. For nearly 3 weeks I have not talked or event thought about the JWs until she went off today to a conference in London I get a phone call from a concerned friend and it all starts all over again!...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit