a little stuff about me, and a request

by flower 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• qadreena
    qadreena

sorry, my mistake, glad youre better than you were now, count yourself lucky you have not gone as high as before, it sucks when youre always way up there and you have no choice but to hurt when you crash

:(

xxx angel xxx

• Farkel
    Farkel

: am telling ya'll this because it seems all the people here are in different stages of recovery..some are even fully recovered i guess.

I'm not so sure that is even possible. I've been out almost thirty years yet the words, "you can leave the Watchtower, but the Watchtower never leaves you," are probably more true than not.

You will find the finest of friends you could ever wish for who are ex-JWs. We've all walked the walk and talked the talk. We all have shared the experience of the Watchtower mental prison. Only those of us who have shared that experience can truly understand what it is like. That is why we migrate together. People who have never been JWs would think us mad if we told them the truth about our former faith.

Take heart, flower. You are among many, many friends and future friends, and we will love you for who and what you are, and not base our love upon how many hours you show on your JW report card, er, "publisher's record" card.

We don't DF, either. Only religions run by assholes do that.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• VeniceIT
  • VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey Flower Babe!!!!! I guess I missed the situation your talking about, but I'm glad to see that it's better now. Things can and do get heated here on this board, but usuall it all gets worked out.

I think your a great person and really admire you for sharing so much of yourself with us, I hope we're all worthy of the trust you've give us!!!!

Luv ya,
    Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• flower
    flower

Hi Venice

i havent mentioned any specific situation, there have been several..most have been worked out. but to be honest the problem is with me and my taking things too personally and reading too much into peoples words and actions sometimes. i shouldnt do that but like i said sometimes i cant help it! if someone doesnt want to talk to me for whatever reason that should be their right and shouldnt make me feel bad about myself or be any reflection of my actual worthiness. thats the struggle..getting better with it though.

ok, i know this is going to sound paranoid so forgive me in advance but you said.. "I hope we're all worthy of the trust you've give us!!!!" do you think i trust too much then? do other people here not share so much or trust so much? why wouldnt you be worthy of the my trust? i admit i havent gone through the archives and read everyones stories that has been here a while so i dont know how much people are sharing of themselves. i just felt safe enough to share a lot..not good?

flower
    ps. thanks for looking at all my babys pics the other day. i love showing them to people! :)

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I guess I was just saying that you did take a risk sharing yourself with us. I think it was great that you did, it's part of the healing process when you can get it out!!! I just feel honored that you felt safe here to do it in spite of the fact that you were not comfortable with a few people.
    Some people post openly about themselves other don't. I for one do and am glad that I have worn my heart on my sleave so to speak, becuase it's really helped me. I used to repress everything and now I can get it out. This board has been very supportive and respectful of that and I hope you are treated as well also. That's all I was saying, no underlying warning or anything. It was also an admonition to my fellow posters like a 'poke in the ribs BEHAVE' kinda thing!

don't sweat it! sit back, relax, and have some fun here, so glad you joined us. Your baby is suuuuuch a cutie I'm proud to be his 'cyber-aunt'!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((Flower)))):X I read your post darling-Your well on the road to recovery-Why do you think I use my handle(MOUTHY)cos at times I guess I say things that hurt.So with a name like that I prepare folks ahead of time. I also have been hurt on board- but I truly think it is "where we have been" that helps us to take offense quickly.
    If ever I can be of use in anyway-you have my addy.
    The thing I am sorry about I missed the pictures you said they saw ?
    I didnt see them....Love ya lots- ( anyway what is normal? does anyone really know?

• flower
    flower

Thanks Farkel, for the post and for making me laugh in chat :)

Ven, i think i know what you mean. i feel sometimes like i shouldnt tell all (i havent yet) not because i dont trust the board, i do pretty much, but because of how it makes me look to everyone. i dont want people thinking i'm crazy or too scary or wierd to want to be around. but thats how i am used to thinking whenever i was in the world. i never told anyone anything about me out of fear of looking stupid or wierd but here it seems so far that people understand and many have been there.

mouthy, thanks you are so sweet. yea i think its definately 'where we have been'. no one in the world has been able to understand me to this point. hey, you havent seen pictures?? cool! remind me next time were in chat or email me.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

The book...The Bondage Breaker... by Neil T. Anderson is what I would urge you to read, perhaps at a local library even.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit