new to JWN

by Brad Wilson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome Brad....I know what you mean about saying the word Cult...took me a while to admit it...but now......

CULT....CULT....CULT....OHHHHHHH that feels good!!!!!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Hey there Brad. Welcome!

Thanks for sharing your background a little bit too!

One question - what's the status of your wife regarding her stand/beliefs (if you care to discuss it)? (My wife is aware of my current feelings but is still a believer.)

Either way, nice to have you here!

CoC

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, Brad!

when I got my hands on the release "keep yourselves in gods love" I was ready to move forward as a witness and could not believe my eyes when I realized this was nothing more than a stinking rule book

That is one of the best summaries of what is wrong with the jw creed I've ever read - the word "love" is always in the headings and the threats and rules follow.

Look forward to reading more from you.

Retro

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL Welcome Brad. If you are fading I really wouldn't recommend using your real name... (if you are)... everyone seems to regret it in the end...

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

CoC - now ex-wife is still a jw (wasn't just the religion, but my leaving it didn't improve things. divorce Dec. 2010)

transhuman68 - yes it is my real name, I mentioned enjoying a successful fade, as I have, but at this stage of the game there is nothing they could do to me that would make a lick of difference in my life now. That said I heartily agree it is not the best of moves for many people, I just have the pleasure to now do it that way, and I sincerely accept your concern.

Peace - Brad

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Brad Wilson to JWN and I am sorry that your ex-wife didn't love you more than the WTBTS. You sound like you have adjusted fairly well to being an ex-JW.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hi Brad, I recently started poping back in. Welcome I'm rather a newbie myself.

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Brad ! Welcome aboard ! (this crazy ship)

Life just gets better and better as the influence of the cult fades , until we reach the point where we feel that they simply do not matter.

All the best for the rest of your free life !

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Brad and welcome!

but who was I to argue with gods channel.

This whole "God's Channel" business always grated on me. I was born-in but never baptized. When I hit my teens more serious information was being delivered to me like 'you must subjugate yourself to your husband' (uh, that ain't happenin') and blood transfusions are forbidden. This was my awakening period. Maybe it's because the teen years are filled with questioning, suspicion especially with things that don't add up, rebellion, and formulating who you are and what you are going to do with your life. Or maybe it was Monty Python's "Life of Brian" movie . I put my plan together and as soon as I graduated high school I moved away to go to College. I had to get away from the JW mind-set and pressure.

One day, as a young adult, I asked both my parents point blank, "Is God directing the Watchtower?"

At exactly the same time my Dad says "No." and my Mom says "Yes." You should have seen the Holy Crap look that went between them. It was priceless. It doesn't really matter what the answer is to that question for there are issues with both.

Glad you were able to see that there are issues with this group and have managed to escape.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome Brad, its great to have you with us.x

You'll be ok here with us, keep posting!

Best wishes, Paula x

Heaven, I wishes Id been a fly in the wall when your mum and dad answerd yes and no at the same time, classic! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit