new to JWN

by Brad Wilson 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry Brad, we already have our quota of new members here for October. You'll have to come back next month.

Oh, wait. We don't have a quota, so...

Welcome!

• beccaskids
    beccaskids

welcome

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome...would love to hear your story if you're free to tell it!

• meangirl
    meangirl

Welcome. Glad your here!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hiya.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board! Are you related to George Wilson? PM me.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • JRK
    JRK

Glad you are here and free!

JK

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

Born and raised a fairly normal worldly kid. met a witness in early 1975 at work, studied with him, and got baptized Nov 1975. brooklyn bethel 1 yr 1977 -1978, ministerial servant several yrs, and just did my best to be a witness the rest of the time.

Not being born in I was never able to get over the fact that witnesses are really no different than any other religious group other than constantly being reminded that "oh yes they were." Over the years there were many things that bothered me about the whole wt thing but who was I to argue with gods channel.

In the spring of 2008 it got to the point that I just had to do something about my situation - should I stay or should I go - and I tried real hard to make a go of it, I sincerely tried to look for reasons to stay and only found more reasons to go.

Heading into the district convention in 2008 I was hopeful to find my solution and lo and behold I did, when I got my hands on the release "keep yourselves in gods love" I was ready to move forward as a witness and could not believe my eyes when I realized this was nothing more than a stinking rule book and that as they say was pretty much it for me. By the end of Nov. 2008 I told my wife I was done being a witness and my last meeting I attended was in May 2009.

You might say I have enjoyed a rather successful fade as I am not DF'd nor did I DA, I think it is more an out of sight out of mind thing. For sure it hurts very much to lose close friends of 34 yrs but then I guess thats the fruit of conditional love.

It took along time after I left to be able say it is a cult, I was more comfortable with "High Mind Control Group", (that just sounds more sexy) but as I sit here today it simply is a cult and sadly so many people are taken in by it.

Thats the jist of my situation and I thank-you for the warm welcome.

Peace - Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit