You are all wicked Apostates!!!

by iamwhoiam 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

iamwhoiam

The text kept getting smaller and smaller until I couldn't read it, so hope you don't mind, I copied and enlarged ..

4 To elders of the Ephesus congregation, Paul said: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” Addressing fellow Christians, Peter wrote: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So from where do false teachers come? They may arise from within the congregation. Such ones are apostates.*

*“Apostasy” is a standing away from true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment.

So according to the footnote for paragraph 4, you are labeled an apostate if you simply leave (abandon) true worship, as the Watchtower believes/deems it to be. Therefore if you are an apostate, you are automatically "mentally diseased" as mentioned in paragraph 6:

Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings.

Notice that even if you are not seeking to infect others with disloyal teachings, you are still a "mentally diseased" apostate just for leaving the organization as per their definition in the footnote of paragraph 4.

And this is where it get's funny, with all this labeling of people (who decide not to be a part of the organization) as apostates, the same article has this to say in paragraph 16 along with the quotation/reference of 1 Thess. 4:11 above it:

Remember, too, that we should not impose our own views on others regarding matters that they need to decide for themselves.

I'm getting a little naucious now!!

You can read the whole article here: http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20110715.pdf

• talesin
    talesin

Remember, too, that we should not impose our own views on others regarding matters that they need to decide for themselves.

BRAZEN!! It's hard to believe, really. *shakes head*

tal

• wobble
    wobble

I think Iamwhoiam has highlighted a very pertinent point re. the footnote.

The WT has a long history of introducing "New Light" and new procedure in an underhand way.

They will introduce an idea in a footnote, or a small insignificant article, the ones no one reads, and eventually it becomes doctine or recognized procedure, anyone who questions it is then made to feel small and guilty for not having "kept up with God's chariot" as some smart -ass C.O points out the article, by then 18 months old at least.

Just wait for "clarification" that any who leave the WT are Apostate by definition, i.e "Abandonment"

The WT will then not have to spell out to the R&F how to treat those of us who have faded, they will take it upon themselves, "Apostates" have already been demonized by the W.T, now they just need to make it clear that the label applies to faders.

Watch for the articles, coming soon to a study edition near you !

• Listener
    Listener

There has been a lot already written on the article but I missed those two points you have raised IamwhoIam - the footnote and the fact that an apostate is still 'mentally diseased' even if they are not 'infecting others'.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good point Wobble. I have been expecting the outright condemnation [and attendant shunning procedures] of faders and those who 'fall away' for a while. It is practiced by many, perhaps based a bit on your congregational culture and area - but it will likely someday become SOP for all Jw's, commanded from the 'throne of Jehovah' no doubt.

Jeff

• hotspur
    hotspur

So - let me see if I've got this correct...

Leaving or no longer following a belief is apostasy? The WBTS uses the Hebrew Scriptures all the time as a guide for what is acceptable when they can't find Jesus outrightly condemning something (most topically the case of Jehu and the Baal worshippers ... slaughter etc,).

Therefore, if Jesus as a good Jewish boy, spoke agaisnt the Pharisees and others or left his previous beliefs doesn't that make him an apostate?

How does that affect his standing before his Father? Rejected because of Apostasy? Surely he should be shunned?

I just love the way the borg tends to ignore the fact the Law was "nailed to the stake along with Christ" when it suits them.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Russell left the "pattern of healthful words" to carve out an empire of cause and effect. Be good do-bees, Almighty God will give us the world. Not us, them. And then the governments of the world are mostly OK with that. It says a word or two about the human condition. Split perhaps? And a widdle confused.

• alanv
    alanv

September 1, 1980

TO ALL CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS

Dear Brothers:

Keep in mind that to be disfellowshiped, an apostate does not have to be a promoter of apostate views. As mentioned in paragraph two, page 17 of the August 1, 1980, Watchtower, "The word 'apostasy' comes from a Greek term that means 'a standing away from,' 'a falling away, defection,' 'rebellion, abandonment. Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the 'slave class, then appropriate judicial action should be taken.

Also read Watchtower 1980 August 1 st .

Above letter shows that anyone who persists in just BELIEVING other doctrine can be called an apostate by the society. Thereefor, this would have to include anybody that just faded because they disagreed with the society, let alone ones who actually dare tell someone why they left.

• fresia
    fresia

the GB of JW are the real apostates, they abandoned Gods word just to keep their boat afloat!

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

So if I don't believe in any doctrine and I just tell them I no longer want to be one of Jehovah's witnesses giving them no reason as to why...i'm basically still screwed as far as being labeled an apostate and shunned by my diehard family?

If this is the case, then it feels like religious hatred to me. Why would I want to be a part of that anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit