You are all wicked Apostates!!!

by iamwhoiam 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

This is nothing new obviously, I'm just using this as a sounding board to see if i'm looking at this thing correctly. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Watchtower July 15, 2011 p 15 paragraph 4 under the Title "Will you heed Jehovah's clear warnings?"

4 To elders of the Ephesus congregation, Paul said: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” Addressing fellow Christians, Peter wrote: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So from where do false teachers come? They may arise from within the congregation. Such ones are apostates.*

*“Apostasy” is a standing away from true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment.

So according to the footnote for paragraph 4, you are labeled an apostate if you simply leave (abandon) true worship, as the Watchtower believes/deems it to be. Therefore if you are an apostate, you are automatically "mentally diseased" as mentioned in paragraph 6:

Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings.

Notice that even if you are not seeking to infect others with disloyal teachings, you are still a "mentally diseased" apostate just for leaving the organization as per their definition in the footnote of paragraph 4.

And this is where it get's funny, with all this labeling of people (who decide not to be a part of the organization) as apostates, the same article has this to say in paragraph 16 along with the quotation/reference of 1 Thess. 4:11 above it:

Remember, too, that we should not impose our own views on others regarding matters that they need to decide for themselves.

I'm getting a little naucious now!!

You can read the whole article here: http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20110715.pdf

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This article has been quoted to death on here. Not sure if you saw it but it got some attention in the media thanks to a fellow JWN member.

• designs
    designs

Thank you..

• Alfred
    Alfred

looks like you were on vacation and just got back... thanks for posting this anyway... the subject needs to stay alive... thanks

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Yeah..I've seen this topic posted endlessly on this forum. I just wanted to make a point about the footnote since I myself am trying to plan an exit (dissassociate).

• N.drew
    N.drew

They do not understand that they (the Watchtower Society) are them that rose to speak twisted things.

It's too weird to be real, ergo, we are not real. You can debate all you want to. Got proof?

• mouthy
  • iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Here is the meaning of the word apostasy according the the Oxford English Dictionary (the status quo of dictionaries):

noun

• the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief .

I don't see the phrase "mentally diseased" in that definition.

So if you abandon a belief such as "this generation" and replace it with a new belief such as "overlapping generation", isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. oh wait, that's not apostasy, it's just "new light".

S o i have it figured out now, if anyone asks me why I left, i can just say, "new light"!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Better to be a wicked apostate than a wicked jehovah's witness.

Better to die in battle with a god than to live in shame.

Better to be pissed off than pissed on.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Yes, new light. I love that!

Look up apostasy in the NWT and you will find that we are following the example of the Apostle Paul.

love to you and yours, Sister SOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit