Anybody know anything about Scooters?

by Terry 24 Replies latest jw friends

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Yes, avoid trouble, buy a Vespa or Peugeot

CP

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I ride a 50cc Honda spree. The pros are that 1.45 fills up the machine and it has a range of about 100 miles. The cons are that drivers hardly see you and they're unfamiliar with traffic laws dealing with motorcycles and scooters. You will get your bullies on the road who feel as though you shouldn't be on the road. Don't worry. Learn how to throw left handed so you can throw things like ball bearings or popcorn kernels at their windows if they try to bully you.

And I see you live in Texas. Unless you live in DFW, Houston, Galveston, San Antonio or Austin proper, I wouldn't buy one. Texas cities are VERY sprawled and the cars there go VERY fast.

• erbie
    erbie

Yeah Terry, I agree with James Woods, if I lived in the US and especially Texas I'd definately get the biggest big ass truck I could.

You could always carry the scooter in the back in case you run out of petrol!

On a serious level though, when I travel through Europe and see all the Parisians and Italians zooming around on scooters with HOT babes clinging on to them I think WOW, I'd love to do that! So yes, I too have been thinking about buying a scooter. Just need a hot babe, or my wife of course.

We went for a drink near Southampton in the summer and there were hundreds of scooters in town. Apparently some guy had died who was a Mod (don't know if you have Mods in the States) and all his mates turned up to show respect.

How cool is that?

• Quentin
    Quentin

Joe Tosti rode a Lambretta all over Poly. That was a sight to see. Dad was a BIG motorcycle rider, except the years he spent as a jw. In Texas you have to be licensed. Take a written and driving test. Insurance on a moped/scooter/motorcycle is outrageous. I looked into it several years ago.

Put the money into your Honda, to many idiot drivers would run you over around here.

• talesin
    talesin

I'm not ready to die and when the weather turns nasty I like a roof and heater!!

Agreed. Besides all that, what would we do without you?

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit