COs visit sep 2011 - feb 2012

by dozy 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• dozy
    dozy

My understanding was that from a few years ago , all of the CO´s talks were scripted by the WTBTS , though possibly that might have changed. Is it possible that those of you who have had different talks had the COs visit before 1st sept? Or maybe the CO has some latitude to tweak it a bit.

What was funny was that there was a little kid at the hall who copied down the questions and wrote "yes" beside all of them , only to be told off by his mother.

The CO said that in our circuit and others there had been numerous cases of fornication caused by people contacting old school friends etc on Facebook , or just engaging in regular chats with someone who wasn´t their marriage mate & where things had developed further.

I don´t know about what the "bible principles" used were. Who cares , anyway - they are all pretty much just made up by the WTBTS to suit their needs. They could just as easily pick the opposite - for example , didn´t Jesus go to something of a "large gathering" in Cana , judging by the amount of water converted to wine?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Is it possible that those of you who have had different talks had the COs visit before 1st sept?

No, we had our visit since then and had the new Public Talk.

On his last visit the CO mentioned in one of his talks that 3 of the talks are from the WTS and the other one is for the CO to plan.

George

• snakeface
    snakeface

I know they keep warning about the dangers of cell phones and the internet, but the last time I was at the Hall for the CO visit, the CO's wife had all the scriptures in her iPhone. Or maybe it was an iPad? She would pull up a scripture, then raise her hand and be looking at the device while commenting. She did not have a Bible with her.

• flipper
    flipper

SCARRED FOR LIFE stated, " There is no Biblical principle. They just don't want people talking among themselves and questioning things. The same reason they stopped the Book Study nights. "

EXACTLY. I totally agree. If the WT society can divide and separate JW friends and family from one another then they continue to arouse distrust of individual JW members between themselves all the while promoting more trust in the WT society, GB, and alleged " faithful slave ". It's a tearing down process in order to demand allegaince to the WT society. Why do you think JW's are so willing to rat each other out to form JC's on each other ? It's because they are programmed to show obedience to the WT society first and foremost - not each other. Disgusting.

WT society is definitely tightening up the ship with more and more heavy handed control tactics

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, the "Large Gatherings" prohibition always bothered me too. The implication always seemed to me to be:

• GB - We can organize "Large Gatherings" of 10's of thousand or more and it will be fine because our supervision will ensure it, even if we are (like Jesus) not bodily present. We are "God's Visible Organization".
    • Elders - You can perhaps oversee gatherings of say 10 - 50. More than that and--unless it's at the KH--things can get out of hand. Even still, it's best if two or more of you are there to keep an eye on each other, because you never know!
    • Everyone else - You can't be trusted so supervise yourself or others.

Field service anyone?

• minimus
    minimus

My understanding is that if some material was not covered by a COs visit in the allotted time, they would review what was missed on the next visit. It happened a few times when I was an elder.

Dozy is most reliable.

• agent zero
    agent zero

the "large gathering" thing has for a long time puzzled me too. the reasons brought up here make sense, but on the other hand, with many witnesses now apathetic or doubtful about doctrine, they need something to offer, at least in form of association and a sense of community.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I laid hands on the wife's locally produced programme for the last C/O visit - the titles were

"Appreciating Jehovah's Impartiality"

"How The Tired One Regains Power"

"The Time Left Is Reduced"

Was it one of these?

It used to be that the C/O could mix the talks and not give the same ones week after week, but of course I don't know now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit