"Doom Now Awaits Them...They Will Not Survive Armageddon!"

by Franklin Massey 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

slimboyfat - I had to go dig up the older song book that was published in 1984, as I had no recollection of singing these particular words either.

Turns out it was previously Song 171 -- uh huh...the words were changed. Franklin Massey - if I were still attending and came to that part of the song, I would have stopped singing, too.

A Victory Song_1984 printing

~ RTA

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    It does speak volumes that we sing praises awaiting on the complete utter destruction of every nonJW man, woman, and child. So much for love of neighbor.

Oh you know what they say.

"Do not mourn the destruction of the wrongdoers"

"Armageddon survivors will not mourn the destruction of those Jehovah judges worthy of it."

"Why should not blood run deep and far with over two billion dead?"

"Come on, birds and beasts! Have your fill then from the human corpses."

"Never before in all human history will so many human creatures have been slaughtered" "With breathless awe [the survivors] will have looked down from their safe heights and witnessed how Jehovah gains his magnificent ... and transcendant victory"

"Millions, even billions, of lives may shortly come to a swift and decisive end, putting their onetime owners beyond the reach of any expression of love on our part".

"The situation might be compared to that of [exterminating] a pest-infested house" "The battle of Armageddon is actually one of the best things that could happen to us!"

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL. That song is based on a song from the Old Testament that may be the oldest part of the Bible, way back when YHWH was just a sea-god. It's got nothing to do with Armageddon.

It's actually called The Song of The Sea.

• lohengren
    lohengren
    LOL. That song is based on a song from the Old Testament that may be the oldest part of the Bible, way back when YHWH was just a sea-god. It's got nothing to do with Armageddon. It's actually called The Song of The Sea.

Sounds interesting. Where did you read this?

• transhuman68
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

transhuman is correct. I think the reference scripture below the song title is from Exodus. Some of the lyrics are taken from the song they sang after crossing the Red Sea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit