Why do we care?

by fade_away 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

I'll try to put this as simply as possible!

The difference between us and them is that they have the power to break up families and influence medical treatment. We don't have that power, and nor (I hope) do we want it. Any hate language they use against us is to try and reinforce that position. Any language we use against them is ultimately out of frustration at how disproportionate their power is.

The mentally diseased thing IS a big deal, because it represents a shift in the language being used by the Society. Put simply, they are getting sloppy. Look up "mentally diseased" in your Watchtower library, and you will see that it has been used frequently in the past, but always in context with the rest of the verse, i.e. "mentally diseased over questionings and debates" etc. To my knowledge, this is the first time they used the expression and applied it directly as a "diagnosis" against apostates.

Why do we care? I can't speak for any one else, but I personally care because I have family trapped in this wicked corrupt organization and I want to get them out. I will bring down the whole oganization, or severely undermine its influence, if I have to. If no one else wanted to join me I would do it by myself, but I get the feeling I'm not the only one that wants to do something.

• erbie
    erbie

How would this health label read though?

Any ideas?

• cedars
    cedars

Warning: this publication may contain messages that incite hatred against people of other religious persuasions.

• erbie
    erbie

Bang on!!!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

We care because we want it to be believed that we left because of matters of integrity.

It isn't the people we don't know whose opinions we care about, its those whom we have known.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yep...I didn't get the whole uproar about the mentally diseased comment in the Watchtower either. I think what FADE_AWAY is saying, is that this sentiment, in one form or another, has always been conveyed by thier message. They believe that anyone who doesn't see "their" truth, especially former associates who have become worse than unbelievers, are being misled by Satan who twists minds and blinds eyes and renders nonbelievers worthy of death.

I think we all realize that most Witnesses are engaging in some form of "confabulation" where they fill in the gaps in their understanding of certain matters with fabrications they believe to be fact or truth.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I don't care; I'm too busy enjoying and living my life. However, I can see how those who are trying to maintain some sort of relationship with JWs who are still in would care greatly.

Really, would anybody care about JWs if they didn't disfellowship? Absent the ability to destroy family relationships, they would be irrelvant.

• cedars
    cedars

Really, would anybody care about JWs if they didn't disfellowship? Absent the ability to destroy family relationships, they would be irrelvant.

Precisely.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I do care, like Cedars, my family is still held captive in this cult! I will do whatever I can to bring it down! I'm with you Cedars

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

WARNING: All who "stroke the genitals of their fretful babies" Will serve time in prison for child molestation!

*** w73 9/15 p. 568 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse—Why? How? ***

“Did you know, for example, that mothers and fathers who stroke the genitals of their fretful babies to keep them quiet are unwittingly encouraging them to become masturbators later on? Boys and girls may start to play with their private parts during puberty and, not receiving any counsel against this, the first thing they know they are “hooked” on the habit.”

Or

WARNING: Contrary to what this publication claims, it has been proven that this magazine is not directed by Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit