Staffordshire Police Contacted about WTBTS Mentally Diseased WatchtowerArticale

by Hairyhegoat 21 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, the "politically correct" movement can do a little bit of good for once. But, I think the whole teaching is much more offensive (especially when nearby study articles in nearby rags are factored in) than the simple term "mentally diseased". And the whole paragraph goes out of its way to marginalize anyone that disagrees with the religion and cause active members to be afraid of dissidents.

Hopefully, it will succeed in at least embarrassing the witlesses. They will not stop, even if court ordered. But, it might make people think twice before being so hospitable toward them--which will only make them think the end is at hand. When they continue wasting time waiting for the end to not come, and people continue refusing them, ultimately they will stagnate and run out of money. People will stop buying their assets at fair prices, and they ultimately will take a bath. And if they run into legal costs (like protecting pedophiles and silencing the victims), they are going to be up the creek without a paddle.

• cedars
    cedars

WTWizard - you're right, none of the things discussed will bring the Society to its knees, but they will at least serve to partially undermine their position in the eyes of the rank and file, and make ordinary members of the public even more sceptical about joining them.

I feel I may have wandered off topic with the charitable status side given the OP. I have therefore continued my comments on this aspect on the following thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/215119/1/Is-the-IBSAs-charitable-status-in-the-UK-vulnerable

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit