Getting rid of HUGE JW library

by jukief 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jukief
    jukief

I finally figured out how the PMs work. It's been a long time since I visited the site, and I never was active on it. D'oh.

Some of these items are indeed very valuable. But the market has really fallen flat since Alan was buying up things. Still, maybe someone will want some of the more rare items. We do have a lot of handbills, early books and booklets, programs, and things like that. Even an old pin from the Bible Student days. It's a pretty amazing collection to look at. The only other person I know who has something similar is Richard Rawe. I know that we're going to have to sell things on eBay, but there are SO MANY of them that even thinking about it is exhausting. It will be a lot of work. So maybe using an eBay seller isn't such a bad idea. I think I'm going to have to spend a few days going through everything and making an inventory. Probably take pictures of the rare items, too, for eBay. Yikes.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

who are the ppl on ebay buying this stuff? witnesses? that seems very bizzare to me

• jukief
    jukief

Alan said a collector recently told him about three extremely rare early JW books that sold on eBay for around $40,000. And it was someone at Bethel who bought them. Crazy, huh?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And it was someone at Bethel who bought them.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff Bethel would like to see out of circulation.

W

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I am an ex-JW law student, and I am writing a legal paper on JWs and the mature minor doctrine. I would like any KMs, pamphlets, etc., he might have related to blood for my binder of authorities.

I will email you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

When I "awake"ed to the lie that Jehovah's Witnesses where directed by The Holy Spirit, I wondered when (if ever) they went over to the dark side, so I looked on eBay for some old publications, and they were not in my price range ($1-$2). OK, I might have sprung for a little more, but they were too much money.

• Scully
    Scully

I never thought I'd see the day when alanf would part with his JW library.

I bet the WTS would pay a king's ransom to get some of that stuff out of circulation. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit