Getting rid of HUGE JW library

by jukief 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jukief
    jukief

My husband, AlanF, started collecting JW literature about 20 years ago when he began his indepth research into the religion. His collection includes just about everything the Society has ever published, from books and magazines down to booklets, pamphlets, and handbills. Some pieces are quite rare. For a number of years now, he's lost interest in all things JW. We've decided it's time to get rid of the JW collection. I have no idea, however, whether anyone is actually interested in this stuff. For someone doing research, it's invaluable because most of this information isn't on, for instance, the WTS CD.

Anyway, I thought I'd let the folks here know that it's available. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you a list of most of the items he has. (I don't think he has a complete inventory, but it's fairly good.)

Julie Feuerbacher

• minimus
    minimus

Julie, what about giving it to Randy??

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'll send you a PM. I'm interested in a few specific things.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Please consider donating the collection to a university where it could be properly archived to serve as a public resource.

Or here: http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/

It's American cultural history, after all.

~Sue

• jukief
    jukief

We'll donate it if we can't sell it. But he has invested thousands and thousands of dollars over the years, and we sure would like to get at least a bit of it back.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Sent you a PM, jukief.

• jukief
    jukief

For some reason, the forum won't let me read my PMs. Will you email me if you need more information?

jukef at comcast dot net

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jukie!..

One word.."Ebay"..

I know Allan wanted to get his money back when he was done with all this..

He can do it at Ebay..

Tell Allan "OUTLAW says Hey!"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jukie..

You have to try twice to get into each pm..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Some books are literally worth hundreds of dollars each. There is a book called "Three Worlds" that is worth several thousands of dollars. Early Russell handbills go easily for $100+. The first 4 bound volumes of the Watchtower, 1879-1916 go for $1200-$1500 on Ebay. Daily Heavenly Manna, PhotoDrama, Hymns to Jehovah, etc. easily go over $200 each in good condition. If you do not want to put the things on Ebay yourself, take them to a shop that does Ebay for you, and they will take anywhere from 25-40% depending on what you agree upon. Early JW books are going for great money on Ebay, and there are bidding wars on the good, rare things. If you want to recoup a nice chunk of money without having to work for it, that is the way to go. Don't let people tell you that the earlier stuff isn't worth anything, it is! The last 90%+ complete collection sold a few years ago for over $30,000 and that was to a dealer, and the collection didn't have the smaller items-handbills, etc.. He in turn made a nice profit from that! In order to get the good money, you need to keep the collection as complete as possible. It is often the books that you don't think are worth anything are many times worth the most.

Good luck!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit