Householder is just not that into it if...

by White Dove 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

The last thing my ex-study teacher said to me is "Im sorry its ended this way. If you ever want to come back, please contact me"

So, I took it that from that moment, she had dumped me.

However, Ive had 3 visits since then and didnt answer the door. I guess that they will keep coming back every so often because I could have changed my mind. Yeah, thats NEVER going to happen!

• rebel8
    rebel8

That's one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is millions of dubs joined the religion due to door to door. Someone knocked on my door when I was a kid. Result = 5 lives ruined and others negatively impacted.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The door to door works exactly as much as the Borg wants it to. They don't want huge influx of members. If they did they would use more effective methods of recruitment. Door to door isn't totally ineffective but relative to just about every other method possible it pretty much sucks.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

D2D isn't that effective for bringing in new JWs, but for existing JWs it works for constant belief reinforcement - if you're trying to persuade others you're right, you're not questioning yourself.

It also serves a purpose as busywork. 'Keeping busy in service' is a complete waste of time and a distraction from actual real life. But it also lets JWs get a nice buzz of self righteousness.

• Ding
    Ding

Why doesn't the organization stress conversions instead of hours out in service?

Granted, you can't control what the householder does, whereas you can control the number of hours you put in.

But in a regular business, even though salesmen can't control whether their prospects buy, still their commissions depend on them actually making sales.

If he doesn't make enough actual sales, the salesman has to find another job.

I know the GB doesn't want to drive most JWs out of the religion, so it wouldn't do to boot out people who don't bring in enough converts.

But why don't they have some sort of incentive / reward system for those who do?

Instead, the focus is on putting in hours rather than on persuading anyone that the JW religion is "the truth."

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad retired and decided to dedicate himself to the Borg. He pioneered until he couldn't do it anymore -- dementia has a way of doing that to you.

I had warned him about the dangers of only concentrating on one thing in life. The human mind will burnout and become ill if you do not give it variety, creativity, and positive input. He is now dying of dementia.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What do you expect? JWs send mentally deranged people to the door with crappy comic books and think that people will be judged at Armageddon by this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit