Is there really any difference between disfellowshipping and disassociation?

by iamwhoiam 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

Here 'tis...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/27437/1/BREAKING-MY-SILENCE-EVERYONE-READ

Maybe something like this would work for you, if your wife becomes too fanatical and attempts to bring this matter before the elders...

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

Wow Thanks! I apologize for not making an introduction here at JWN before posting my 2 cents worth just had to jump in on that thread. I have posted a brief history of my life and fade over at JWR but I owe you all the same courtesy. If someone wants to inbox me on where I go about doing that I get on it right away.

• ziddina
    ziddina

OpenMindNow, it is not obligatory that you post an introductory thread... T'was just a suggestion, and from the sound of your situation, you might have to trim out a lot of personal details...

I myself never posted an introductory thread... I became tongue-tangled when I thought about explaining my background. I've added bits and snatches here and there, but I've never sat down and written out my whole, miserable Jehovah's Witness childhood. Certainly never posted the whole story. [I think I avoid it because reviewing my childhood brings up extreme feelings of blind rage - a most unpleasant state of mind!]

To a certain extent, I was viewed as a bit of a troll when I first joined, because I didn't post my whole story at first. Well, let's face it - there sometimes isn't much difference between a She-Devil and a troll...

However, the requirement to post one's entire story as the very first post, has changed somewhat; and certainly none of us are going to view you as a troll.

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit