Victoria, Australia: Here is what JWs didn't do--fill out the "Working With Children" Application Form

by AndersonsInfo 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

wbf - sorry for taking your thought. Our postings crossed. I agree with you 100%

• cofty
    cofty

What does "vulnerable adults" mean?

The Law Commission for England and Wales (1995) definition of a “vulnerable adult” :

‘a person aged 18 years or over who is, or may be, in need of community care services or is resident in a continuing care facility by reason of mental or other disability, age or illness or who is, or may be, unable to take care of him or herself or unable to protect him or herself against signifi cant harm or exploitation’. Adults who “may be eligible for community care services” are those whose independence and wellbeing would be at risk if they did not receive appropriate health and social care support. They include adults with physical, sensory and mental impairments and learning disabilities, howsoever those impairments have arisen; eg whether present from birth or due to advancing age, chronic illness or injury.'

• AndersonsInfo
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

The WWC form is a great idea. It is in everyones best interest's for people that work with children to be checked for suitability. The form is very simple to fill out, just requiring basic contact information. The government then carries out the background checks. It should only be of concern to a person with a criminal record.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

" It should only be of concern to a person with a criminal record."

That sentance stands out for me out of the entire thread.

• Blind Willie McTell
    Blind Willie McTell

From the Website the questions to determine if you need a check are listed here. Also shown on the website is that "religious organisations" are included in the list of WWC List of occupational fields.

Do I need a WWC Check?

You may need a WWC Check if:

• you are working in paid or unpaid (volunteer)

work, and

• your work is in connection with one of the

services, bodies, places or activities listed in the

phasing-in plan, and

• your work usually involves, or is likely to usually

involve, regular and direct contact with a child

where the contact is not directly supervised by

another person.

If you answer “Yes” to each of the statements above,

you are doing ‘child-related work’. Some exemptions

apply. It is your responsibility to find out if you need a

WWC Check.

• Blind Willie McTell
    Blind Willie McTell

I should think Pioneers would also fall in the category. As a child it was very often that I was taken witnessing by a Pioneer, most often alone and not via the Group.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Interesting. If you read the "Do I need a WWC Check?" section that Blind Willie McTell posted, that could be applied to any JW adult. As noted, each JW is an ordained minister by the definition of the very organization in question. Each JW does voluntary work around children, often alone with a child.

But I think the case could be made for elders, MS, and pioneers more so than anyone else.

Question: What happens if you fail a WWC check? What follows after that?

MeanMrMustard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit