What kind of cell phone do you have? Do you like it?

by Iamallcool 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

My contract expires in December. I am planning to get another kind of cell phone. Maybe iphone 4s, the brand new one that will be available soon.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I have an I-phone 3GS with ATT.

I think this phone is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever had...dropped calls, spotty service area,......

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I have had an iPhone 4 for 4 or 5 months. I love it. It's the best phone I've ever had. I am on the phone constantly for work, and never have problems with reception/dropped-calls. Verizon is my service provider.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have Blackberry curve for business and an iPhone 4 for personal.

I prefer the i Phone.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have a blackberry curve and I don't like it. My hubby has a nokia with a touch screen that seems much more user friendly and intuitive. The stupid little buttons are always getting pushed and dialing weird things or sending weird messages. I really really wish he hadn't gotten it for me.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I have a IPhone 3GS and I really like it, will probably upgrade to the IPhone 5 when my contract ends next year.

One feature that I like is that you can get a table top docking station (via USB) which you can plug into your computer to charge

and transfer music, contact files etc. This makes it easy to charge and you always know where the phone is, when your not carrying it around.

The big bright screen is also a plus when using the phone.

Call qualities are also very good.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Gotta a crackberry myself :)

Hate touchscreens and the one I have has a touchscreen AND a keyboard.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt for the evening crew.

• Awen
    Awen

I had an iPhone 3G which turned into a brick every time I connected it to my laptop. I sent it in to be replaced only to have the same thing happen to the new one. Obviously it was my laptop that was causing the problem. My service was through AT&T and it was affordable until AT&T got rid of their unlimited data plans with an upgrade (unless you didn't upgrade your phone then you're able to keep the unlimited data plan).

Then the bill went up to $85 a month which was a bit too pricey for me. I went to a non smart phone and had a bill of $65 which was still a bit pricey. So I applied for a free phone through the Department of Social Services (service is through Virgin mobile) which gives me 250 free minutes every month with the option to add more at my discretion without the loss of the plan. I no longer talk on the phone much so I saw no reason to have such an expensive plan. Also Skype offers an unlimited plan to all calls in the US and Canada for about $10 a month. Not too shabby. Since I'm also somewhat hearing impaired a text only plan is much cheaper than a voice plan on a smart phone. My phone is a crackberry btw. There are also ways to get free phone service. Look for videos on youtube for more information. You need a working smartphone to do it and at least a data plan.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I just love the iPhones although I don't have one myself. I hate AT&T (which I used to have) because of the spotty service and slow internet (3G or 4G) even in urban areas. Sprint used to be bad around where I lived but it was the only game in town after which I moved and had to switch to AT&T to get service at my house but Sprint has according to some vastly improved over here. I have a Verizon burn phone right now and the service is excellent anywhere I go but the plans are sooo expensive. I'm probably going to go back to Sprint once they get the iPhone 4S, they made some major improvements in towers here to the point they even offer 4G home internet now. AT&T just doesn't want to invest in it's network (nationwide) and has actually degraded their service (Unlimited used to mean Unlimited, now they charge you if you go over your Unlimited plan). They think since they were the original iPhone carrier, they had it made but people are leaving in droves especially now that Sprint will have it with a cheaper plan.

In the US, cell phone service is largely dependent on your area so see what people think, see what is available in your area and see coverage. A burn phone from each carrier (~$20) would be good before buying into a 2 year plan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit