Is a child up for adoption supposed to promise love & respect to the potential father?

by discreetslave 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

thats an odd illistration, and it reminds me of the one about giving someone a gift. When talking about the free gift of undeserved kindness from God, they gave an illistration about someone giving you a gift, and even though its free, you still have to complete the requirements to receive the gift. lol. it was a total contridiction, and who the hell thinks like that? lol

• clarity
    clarity

Discreetslave ...nice catch!!

Omg, unbelieveable, can you imagine squatting down in front of a little desparate kid, and saying ..............

Before I accept you as a son, I need to know that you will love and respect me as your father.”

Only if the youth is willing to make a solemn promise will the man admit him into his family.

Is that not reasonable?

>

Huh????? What a bunch of stupid idiots!

Wouldn't you think that it would be the father who would say to the little fatherless kid ......

Before you accept me as your dad, you need to know I will love you & cherish you no matter what. I promise!

...the more they write the deeper the sh&&!!

clarity

• xelder
    xelder

The father image. Any illustration about God as a father misses me. I'm a father and grandfather; not the best ever, and it continues to be a learning experience.

I want my children to love me. But......if I had to choose:

1. By an action of mine, I can provide for my childrens' happiness and well being, but they will never understand and will hate me.

or

2. They will think I'm wonderful, but have extremely difficult lives.

I choose number one....I think most parents would. The WTS has always been run by men who never had children and any illustration they come up with proves it. They are very often idiots.

As far as God using the illustration in scripture....I can't wrap my head around it

• looloo
    looloo

weird cult propaganda !

• angel.face
    angel.face

Still, before accepting the youth as his son, the man wants the boy to make a promise. So the man says, “Before I accept you as a son, I need you to promise that you wont tell anyone about hanky pankey. It would bring reproach upon my name."

• cult classic
    cult classic

Only if the youth is willing to make a solemn promise will the man admit him into his family. Is that not reasonable?

Oh, the solemn promise. Well that solves everything, doesn't it? No WT, it's not reasonable. That's ridiculous.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This is reasonable only in the minds of people who live in bubble in Brooklyn separated from normal society

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

That makes me so angry. What a bunch of ridiculous garbage!

Lore summed it up nicely with this: Adopting a child is a responsibility an adult takes on for the benefit of the child. . . not the other way around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit