Any Runners Here?

by zoiks 40 Replies latest social physical

• zoiks
    zoiks

Anyone else like to run? I started running regularly in the past year or so and am becoming addicted. Participated in my first 5k earlier this summer, a large even with about 2,500+ runners. It was lots of fun, so I immediately signed up for another 5k, which I ran this morning.

The weather was awful, the cross-country course was slick and muddy, and almost 1/3 of the runners didn't show. Still, it was a great time. I cut 3 minutes off my previous time, and finished 2nd in my age group (old, bearded).

Feels great!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i like to run. Havent done any races though... I guess I should. addicted too FS

• zoiks
    zoiks

FS, If you can motivate yourself to run regularly, a race is unbelievable. The excitement, energy, and adrenaline are awesome. The sense of community, hanging out after the race, eating treats and meeting new people. Good stuff.

• donny
    donny

I try to jog an hour a day when weather permits.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm just getting started. The running-when-you-are-out-of-practice part has been a little easier than I expected, and the making-time-to-just-do-it part has been much harder than I expected. I guess I'm not addicted yet :)

• zoiks
    zoiks

An hour a day is awesome, Donny! I'm not at the point where I can run for that long without a rest day in between. Six, I hear you. I'm really really fortunate in that my office is almost directly on a recreation path, so I use my lunch breaks to get outdoors.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well on my 12 hr work days i don't but every other day I do... not sure I'll ever be able to run on my long work days??? it's getting cold in my parts so soon it will be the treadmill..

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I used to run over 30 years ago. The most was 3 miles, 4 days a week.

I've been thinking of restarting it, but have all the reasons to hold me back.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I used to run, and really enjoyed it. 5k (more or less) was my usual daily run. This is back 10 years ago though. The way you feel after your first mile...it is habit forming.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm not a runner, though, I'd like to be.

I'm a walker and three miles is my limit.

I'm going to go on a long walk today with the puppy.

Want to join my Puppy Power Walkers group on FB?

Don't need a puppy and you can run instead of walk.

My goal for the group is encouragement, and runners are fantastic encouragement.

PM me if you are interested.

Also, there's a runner group online with people all over the world encouraging each other...forgot the name of it, but I joined and need to post more on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit