Dumb ass family moved in next door with autistic kid JEHOOVER HELP!

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

First off I have no problem with the kid......his mum though is a dumb sh#t country trash kinda gal, just moved in. Right now I'm in my bedroom being blasted by 80's music. She put a stereo in her tin shed which is next to our bedrooms, so her autistic kid can play loud music...or should I say, same F#cking song over and over again. Who's the retard I ask you? I bought him a small stereo and CD Walkman and I will give it to her and confront her AGAIN tommorow. Last two times she said "Yeah, sorry bout that, have a nice day!!!!"

Getting angry is no good since we will be living next door to each other for many years to come. Suggestions? Have you had an crap nieghbour?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

CD Walkman

There's your problem man. If you'd got him an i-pod he'd be playing 21st century music.

Tell yourself, "He's autistic, but I can change him"

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

we had a doozy of a neighbor once...

He was the deputy mayor of our town, his son had a mobile disco set up with the biggest speakers i ever and would play music all day as loud as his system would go. Came home one day to find the wife literally in tears over it. Anyway one night it was his boys 21st and they threw one hell of a loud party. At midnight i went next door and asked vety politely if they could turn it down a bit...well the dep mayor explodes threatening us and saying how he'll come over and kill our dogs. We had no phone so i very noisily backed the car out and went to the police who then called around to get them to shut it down. After the cops left he came over with very much abuse. Next day i went to the mayor and filed a formal complaint, she was very disturbed at her deputy's actions to say the least.

we had no more trouble from them.

all the best with your challenge.

oz

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

wtf, the problem I have with my neighbors doesn't seem so bad now, I wish I could give you some advise.

Last year during one of their loud parties I called the police at 11:45pm told them that I had just come out of hospital after a suspected heart attack & had to fly to New Zealand at 5:30am to attend my fathers funeral, 10 minutes later the cops were there shutting the party down & I didn't hear a peep from them all night.

FSP

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Autistics like routine. Just get him into a new one. Give him a tape of music you like, then sit with him and listen to it, then give him something nice like a bar of chocolate. Associate the cool new music with something pleasurable like chocolate. Do this a few days on the trot and you're laughing. My mate works in an autistic shelter. They will stove your skull in if they get frosties for breakfast, and not coco-pops like always.

Although, when you hear your fave music done to death, you might want to move.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Some of the comments on this thread are fucking ridiculous. Retard? They'll stove your skull in if something goes agaionst their routine? Do any of you even KNOW anyone on the autism spectrum? I'm quite sure they're a hell of a lot smarter than any of you. His condition has nothing to do with the problem you're having. Same song? Big damn deal. The PROBLEM is that it's too loud & disruptive to your sanctity & peace.

YES, they like routine, and this same song business is likely part of this kid's routine. His mother ignoring it and not working with him on keeping it at a lower level is not doing her family any favors.

Call the cops if you don't get a result from talking to her.

And get your heads out of your asses. Calling people with special needs "retards" and making a GROSS generalization accusing them of assault because you throw their routine off is both offensive and shows what kind of assclowns you are.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The use of the word "retard" was not necessary. I am not amused.

Josie - mum of an autistic child :-/

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Josie, you have a PM.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you. You have one too.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

And not all kids with autism like routine. As the saying goes, 'when you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit