told my parents to never ever tell me they love me again....

by oompa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

((((((((oompa))))))))

Hugs to you. It's heart-breaking, but at the same time, you will feel a weight off your shoulders once you realise that you have to live YOUR life for YOU and those who cause you pain cannot be part of your life anymore.

(no need to reply - I write this in the hope that it will let you know that others care)

• life is to short
    life is to short

(((((((((((((oompa))))))))))))))

It is so hard to loose your family like this. When I was still an elder's wife my sister and her pioneer room mate shunned me for what I do not know. It's the religion. It is just so hateful and they justify hatefulness when it suits them. My sister moved on to get the PO COBE and his wife on her side. It just got so ugly.

It hurts, the pain has never truly gone away for me. I am just so sorry you are going through this also.
    LITS

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

They were being half assed and that brought them comfort. NOW they will feel the full extent of thier choice. It's in your court. Perhaps this will shake them to their senses when they realize how much they miss your family and your love for them. Oppressive damn religion.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Oompa, I know that this was probably physically and emotionally as tough as giving birth. You are going to be sore for awhile, but this will be worth it in the end for your peace of mind, for your sons, for your marriage. Blessings to you.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I am so sorry Oompa...I understand how you feel. What you did took courage and actually, good sense. Similarly I have mentally closed the door of my heart on my children. Repeated tries to reach them have failed. They refuse to take any responsibility for their own actions in any capacity and mostly 'hide' behind the WTBS shunning rule. The pain is too great. Life is for living with love and laughter. We have to self preserve if its only for those who do love us. And you're absolutely right...'love can only be known by the actions it prompts.' Hugs to you.

Loz x

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Love should be a verb not a concept.

LOVE is supposed to be the identifying feature of true Christianity -- of Christ's true disciples.

Ask any 'worldly person" what they know about JWs.

JWs are known around the world for their SHUNNING. NOT their display of love.

Just recently they started expanding their relief efforts to help others beyond just JWs during disasters.

They discovered that it's good PR. They needed to do some serious PR work,. . .

. . . BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR DISPLAY OF LOVE.

DOC

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I'm sad that you have to go through this Oompa and my thoughts are with you. Let's hope that something sticks with them to crack their thinking process.

HappyDad

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

If they love you they need to do as they say. You were right to make them face their stupidity & lack of natural affection.
    I wish you and your family the best and much peace. ((((((hugs))))))

• Ding
    Ding

My heart goes out to you, Oompa, and to all who are being mistreated like this.

Unfortunately, JWs see shunning as part of a never-ending loyalty-and-endurance test by Jehovah.

In addition, the WTS constantly trashes "apostates" as evil so as to desensitize JWs to what they are doing, even convincing them that it is noble.

Until JWs are able to see through these teachings, they will continue to inflict emotional pain on their own flesh and blood.

• InOregon
    InOregon

That is great that you took matters into your own hands. Telling your parents how you feel gives you strength. So often we just sit back and take whatever the WTBS has told our loved ones to dish out to us. You did not portray yourself as a crying little boy begging for their attention. You stood up like a man and told them the consequence of their actions to you. It is doubtful that they will change their minds, but you have every right to tell them how you feel. I am very proud of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit