Prediction: Expect a change in Study Edition distribution

by baltar447 18 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

After all the hoopla over the "Mentally Diseased" stuff, I'm making a prediction. I expect that the borg will stop distributing the koolaid WT online, at least to where anyone can download it. I expect that they will require the JWs to create logins and passwords to access the study edition, somehow tying that that back to what congregataion you're in and maybe even an elder approving that you attend. Now, it's going to take some time for this to happen but I think it's a strong possibility.

I'd love to hear from all you 'mentally diseased' persons.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They have a team of free lawyers.

They believe that God is on their side.

They are arrogant.

They have more than 100 years of books and magazines filled with baloney.

I expect no change.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think they will get more and more insular over time. It is what cults do.

I don't know if the membership/login thing will go live due to the current news cycle but I suspect it will eventually.

If there is one constant about the Borg it is that it's always changing.

• nugget
    nugget

can you imagine all those old dears forgetting their passwords and ringing to get a reset. Nightmare total toal nightmare.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

We will stilll see the study edition, there are some people that are still in the org that is willing to distribute the proper spiritual food at the right time to us.

• Violia
    Violia

yes LC, there are some 007 jws in the org and they are going after them .They know the leaks are from within.

• Mickey mouse
  • i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

leavintwt pretty much hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have come up with a better response if you'd paid me.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I very much doubt that the WTS will limit access to the study editions of The Watchtower to those with Internet access. You have to think about rank and file Witnesses in lands where such access is far from common. Denying them "spiritual food" leaves the Governing Body wide open to the charge that they are not the "faithful and discreet slave" since they would no longer be dispensing 'food at the proper time'. They would never be able to defend themselves against that accusation and the cure would be worse than the disease. I think leavingwt summed up the leadership's attitude and position quite well. They will tell the rank and file that Jehovah would never allow the organization to suffer at the hands of 'Satan and his agents' and the best thing to do is to carry on as always.

Quendi

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Someone who remembers better than I, didn't they only put the public edition online for quite a while, then add the koolaid edition later? It would be quite controversial if they pulled it now, it would just give rise to more "cult" accusations.

I love how they have it online very, very early now. It helps me in dealing with my JW family, knowing what kind of BS is coming down the pike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit