Jw comments on the Huffington Post

by The Quiet One 18 Replies latest social current

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Ah! The Huffington Post link isn't coming up. I bet it's getting a lot of traffic right now. I've tried two different links and neither work.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Blech.

I guess the GB doesn't love like Jesus, as they are sitting on millions that could be used to broadcast their message via modern technology.

But they don't put their money where their mouth is. Guess the message and the "love" isn't all that important after all.

• clarity
    clarity

Cedars .. here use this

• Violia
    Violia

Someone who can get through should also mention how they fantasize about houses to live in after Armageddon ( maybe your house), how they call householders who don't want the mags "goats", etc.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ya' know, some of them actually believe it's LOVE that motivates them, that's how messed up they are. The don't even know what real love is.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"but we are faced with having to accept how others want to live their lives everytime we go shopping and have to listed to holiday music or see the decorations, and shopping is something we have to do to survive yet you don't see us in the stores condeming these things because it your right to do these things no matter how we may personally feel about it."

Wut.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

you don't see us in the stores condeming these things because it your right to do these things no matter how we may personally feel about it

I call bullshit. JWs do nothing BUT bitch bitch bitch about the Christmas music and crowds during the holiday shopping season. "I can't wait until these holidays are over!" (some of them can't bring themselves to say the word "Christmas") "I hope this is the last Christmas we have to live through in this system!" "Satan's really busy isn't he? They started playing the Christmas music SO EARLY this year!"

Tell me you never heard Dubs saying stuff like that!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"Satan's really busy isn't he? They started playing the Christmas music SO EARLY this year!"

Lol! I've heard that one a few times!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Satan also makes the Christmas music so catchy, you stay in the store long enough and you start humming it, dontcha' know! I've heard that one a few times, I think I've even said it myself!

Anyway, the motive for the preaching work as I remember it was the sense of obligation! Nothing like the thought of having lived a meager, boring, celibate life just to miss out on the "prize" because you are "bloodguilty" due to not preaching enough!

If you told JWs they could still get life by just living a godly lifestyle and going to the hall every week- like normal church going people, how many do you think would be out there knocking on doors? I'm not going to lie, that would have made me so happy as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit