Were YOU a Pushy JW?

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was not pushy either. But I was firm and respectful.

I heard of some however that put their feet in the door to try to prevent the householder from closing it. Not good.

I sometimes ended up being assigned to work in fs with some pushy, tactless ones. In time, I would not work with those ones.

Of course once I worked with a sister who was the exact opposite of pushy-

an elderly sister who agreed with a guy at the door who told me: "Your God Jehovah is Dead". The sister nodded in agreement and he told me even my partner agreed with him! I was not happy! I asked her if Jehovah was dead? She said yes! Last time I worked with her in FS! I told her daughter her Mom should not be going door to door.

I am not the pushy type!

• truman
    truman

I was never pushy. I detest pushy tactics being used on me, and I could never bring myself to treat others that way. I never had much trouble avoiding 'worldy' friendships. I just generally stayed away from non-JWs because I knew that if I became acquainted with anyone, the relationship would have to include my preaching at/to them at some point. As a result, I was in a constant state of guilt for not aggressively pursuing the WT mission. Guilt and depression for not measuring up--that about sums up my 27-year WT experience.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Growing up in NY our hall had an entire dream team of pushers. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone keep trying to talk to a closing door, catching people in the yard and refusing to leave until they retreat inside, etc. For some reason Italian NY JW's seem to be the pushiest lol.

• Awen
    Awen

Nope, not pushy at all. If people didn't want to hear what I had to say I went on my merry way and didn't give it a second thought. Never understood those who condemened householders who wouldn't listen. I mean who are we to judge anyone else? We could be wrong.

As it turns out, we were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit