Should not those who protect "Mentally Diseased" be outraged?

by Greybeard 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"Mentally Diseased", sounds to me, like the desperate words of a defeated despotic tyrant pulling out the last stop to keep his subjects from defecting. I would definitely use it to expose just how screwed up they are, but I wouldn't take it personally. If rejecting WT vomit is "mental disease", "how happifying" it is to be infected.

• ziddina
    ziddina

The term "mentally diseased" is at best a term left for psychiatrists, psychologists, and physicians trained to deal with the diseases - a-HEM! The REAL diseases of the mind...

At worst, it's a derogatory term used to demonize certain groups of people...

If I recall correctly, several dictatorial regimes have used such a designation to forcibly commit dissenters to psych wards, in order to silence their exposures and criticisms of the wrongs of such totalitarian dictatorships as Communist Russia, Communist China [under Mao...] and presently North Korea, among others...

Since the Watchtower Society has doggedly eschewed higher education, we can rest assured that they place themselves with the LATTER group, rather than the former...

Zid

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sword master T.O. Welcome to the forum.

Nancy

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ Teary Oberson,

Peace to you! I am not hear to argue with you or anyone on this forum. I am not trying to "perpetuate lies" as you have so eloquently implied. I have not done an extensive review on 1 Timothy 6:4 and I thank you for your summery on this scripture. When I said, "only the New World Translation uses the words "Mentally Diseased" in their translation at 1 Timothy 6:4" I did add a link to that statement that you failed to quote while quoting me. Here is that link: http://bible.cc/1_timothy/6-4.htm IF you will click on that link you will find 17 Bibles that translate 1 Timothy 6:4... and so far, I have not found any that use the words "mentally diseased". Whatever the case, even IF "mentally diseased" is the best translation of Paul words, I for one feel that Jesus Christ's words at Matthew 5:22 outweigh them and must be considered when we judge or label others! Do you not agree???

With all due respect Teary Oberson, You sound like a JW apologist to me. The issue is not what does 1 Timothy 6:4 mean, The issue is judging people and labeling them as fit for destruction. I believe I made that VERY clear. Why are you trying to change the issue? Are you ok with judging others as fit for destruction? I would hope not but can't help but wonder as you seam to be defending the Watchtower. I hope I am wrong!

It is very clear that calling someone an "apostate" is the same as calling them a "despicable fool" or "rebel" worthy of everlasting destruction as stated in the Watchtower.

I posted this and you had nothing to say about it:

The Watchtower of 2006, 2/15 “Questions From Readers” article asks this: What three dangers was Jesus warning against at Matthew 5:22 ?

"What, then, did the expression “despicable fool” signify? The word used here sounded similar to a Hebrew term that means “rebellious,” or “mutinous.” It designates a person as morally worthless, an apostate and a rebel against God. So the person addressing his fellow as a “despicable fool” is as much as saying that his brother should receive a punishment fit for a rebel against God, everlasting destruction. From God’s standpoint, the one uttering such a condemnation against another could merit that severe sentence—everlasting destruction—himself.— Deuteronomy 19:17-19 ."

Clearly calling someone an "apostate" violates Christ command at Matthew 5:22. That IS the issue. Judging or labeling your brother as fit for destruction in wrong! What happened to Moses after he called the Israelites "rebels" meaning "apostates"? This is a hate crime and I hope the superior authorities that "stand placed in their relative positions by God" will put them in their place along with any other religion that practices this! To my knowledge, JW's are the worst! It wasn't until 1962 that the JW's understood who the "superior authorities" were. Go figure... When do you think they will understand Matthew 5:22 ? When will you understand what the real issue is here on this thread?

Your brother in Christ,

Greybeard

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It isn't just the words "mentally diseased" that constitute the hate speech. It is the context of the whole paragraph--and quite blatant at that. They are directing hate speech toward those among them that have decided that they have had enough, who saw a major problem between what the religion teaches and what their own Bible teaches, or that simply wanted to take time out. This is the kind of hate which would result in murder if not for the laws of the land--blatantly so.

Hopefully, in this era of political correctness, this blatant hate speech (the whole paragraph in context, not just the selected phrase) will result in Big Trouble for the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery corporation.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ WTWizard

You are absolutely right! If it wasn't for the "laws of the land" they would be stoning us to death and why? For not believing they are equal to Jesus Christ? For not believing them after all of their false prophecies? The truth of the matter is if we were under the Mosaic Law this scripture would apply to them, "However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it." Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Hello...

Anyone at Bethel reading this? Wake up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit