Which songs/Albums were considered "Demonic" in your Congregation...did you toss some?

by Witness 007 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Hotel California" was considered a major demonic song. AC/DC stood for Anti-christ devils children....{not according to the band} KISS stood for Knight s in Satans service {not according to the band} anyone else have to toss albums?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Stairway to Heaven with its "Here's to my sweet Satan" back-masking.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

KISS was the big one for a long time.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Santana Abraxas because of the song Black Magic Woman. Oh and there was a 'naked' woman on the cover.

Adiva

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

When I was a kid, AC/DC was supposed to mean After Christ, Devil Comes. HAHAHAHAHHAHA I knew that was crap even then. lol

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, Adiva ,,, too true, but also one of my favorite albums .. all-time ..

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

2Pac, it was too violent. And of course the curse words.

• talesin
    talesin

JustThatGirl ... what a load! crrrr-aa-zzzy! I love Acka-Dacka too... yes, they are sexist .. but way far away from demonic .. have you ever googled the original video for Jailbreak '75? it's AWESOME!

tal

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

I am actually not an AC/DC fan. Just never really got into that genre of music.

I'll have to google that vid later today.

Oh, heavy metal was considered demonic. The whole genre. Hair bands of the 80s were close behind.

Rap was also bad. I remember making a pretty snotty comment about it at a WT lesson one day, trying to be all spiritual. Ugh.... I was about 14 or so.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I know I'm dating myself, but the Eagles' "Witchy Woman" was a no-no but I loved it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit