Human Rights Commission finds use of "Mentally Diseased" label "Offensive"

by sizemik 32 Replies latest members private

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Sizemik,

I for one thank-you for doing this and FYI, I used your argument with my lawyer this week (including the next study article in the same mag about avoiding df'd family) for my custody battle with my ex wife (militant jw). I wouldn't have even known it was there if it were not for you.

In addition, 2 friends of mine with connections to newspapers and tv in our area (Ontario Canada) are trying to take my custody fight to the media using this article, the OCL (Office of the Children's Lawyer) findings in their investigation and the courts dragging their feet in the case.

Thank-you!

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

Update the Netherlands:

I just spoke with the journalist on the phone and at first he wanted to know more about the article that I emailed him. But after talking to me, he said that he thought it could be a bigger story, not for just on their website, but also in the newspapeer. THey will call me back for an interview and write a whole article about the subject. The European law might be different about this and I also chatted with him about 'discrimation and hate' and the law about it.

I also contacted the tv-show and the journalist would be interested in forwarding my contactnumber as well.

Watch this space!!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Bearing this is mind perhaps we should show restraint with the offensive names that people on this forum sometimes call those that do choose to remain in the organization; also the names that the Watchtower Society is called. To be credible we must practise what we preach. . . . THE GLADIATOR

Well of course you are right . . . who can argue that? The only qualifier I would attach . . . is that this is a Forum which caters to some very disenchanted people who have been badly affected by the WTS and have good reason for unflattering comments. It's not a "publication" designed as a teaching instrument to model people's views such as the WT$ literature is. But it would be preferable if the more vehement comments could be confined to the "private discussion" area that's for sure.

KingDavidwasframed . . . It's so good to hear that this can have some positive spin-offs. Keep your finger on the pulse on this one . . . articles are appearing in a number of Media . . . and many here are using a similar approach. You may find some good material surfacing in the days ahead. All the best with the battle . . . it can only be good for your kids.

Lady Viola . . . congratulations! . . . that's awesome news. We'll be following progress with great interest.

Gayle . . . well done to you . . . WT have given us an opportunity . . . it does feel good to be pro-active about it . . . whatever it may achieve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit