What do they get out of this?

by MisfitMeL 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I believe it falls under the "demand for purity" required by all cults, its part of thought reform and reinforcing mind control. Its a lot of work to form JCs, investigate so called wrongdoing, and all the rest. Of course they have a free labor force to do the work, so to the WTS it doesn't really matter from their perspective. Here is a good link on what it accomplishes:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brainwashing/brainwashing19.html

• agent zero
    agent zero

yes, they are the rock stars of the imaginary universe they've created for themselves.. but i'm sure they know it's exactly that: imaginary!

there's no way they believe the stuff themselves. they're very well aware of the history of the organization, and make sure R&F members are not. they know of all the issues and how they're easily accessible on the net, and go to great lengths to make sure the R&F aren't even curious about what 'apostates' have to say.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I hate to have to address this time and again but just because the wealth is not in an individual's name doesn't mean they aren't filthy stinking rich. The corporation is worth BILLIONS and the leadership has access to goods and services most of us could not afford.

How many of you here can afford a luxury apartment in New York City WITHOUT HAVING TO WORK AT A JOB?

How many of you here can fly ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT and the only cost to you personally is an hour of your time to give a talk, then you can spend the rest of your week vacationing and getting "green handshakes" from your devoted groupies?

How many of you have access to a fleet of well-maintained luxury cars that you can use whenever you want to go wherever you want WTHOUT HAVING TO PAY for gas, insurance, maintenance, or even the car itself.

How many of you get EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MEALS FOR FREE? FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

Do NOT tell me the Governing Body isn't rich. I work for a living. I know better.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Do NOT tell me the Governing Body isn't rich. I work for a living. I know better.

Good call. If only the Jehovah's Witnesses would see this hypocracy for themselves. True, the GB does not flaunt their 'wealth' the way the TV evangelists like Jimmy Swaggart, Rumpel Stiltskin (er Robert Tilton), and Pat Robertson do but to say their are not well pampered is misleading.

Curious, was Jesus this well pampered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit