Contradictory statement in this weeks WT

by stillstuckcruz 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

This exerpt is taken from the July 15,2011 issue of the WT. Study article for Sept 19-25th.(BOLDING mines) This was under the subheading "When Someone We Love Leaves Jehovah"

16. Moses brother. Aaron, faced a difficult situation with regard to two of his sonds. Think of how he must have felt when his sons Nadab and Abihu offered illegitimate fire to Jehovah and He struck them dead. Of course, that ended any association those men could have had with their parents. But there is more. Jehovah instructed Aaron and his faithful sons: "Do not let your heads go ungroomed, and you must not tear your garments[in mourning], that you may not die and that [Jehovah] may not become indignant against all the assembly." (Lev. 10:1-6) The message is clear. Our love for Jehovah must be stronger than our love for unfaithful family members.

17. Today, Jehovah does not immediately execute those who violate his laws. He lovingly gives them the opportunity to repent from their unrighteous works. How would Jehovah feel, though, if the parents of an unrepentant wrongdoer kept putting Him to the test by having unnecessary association with their disfellowshipped son or daughter?

So looking at the bolded text, although they do not say bluntly say "Jehovah is being loving towards His people today unlike the UNloving way he dealt with people in the past...", is that not the implication of the way this text was worded? In effect, saying, "Nadub and Abihu were struck dead immediately for violating God's law. But today, rather than the harsh and unloving way He dealt with Nadub and Abihu, 'He lovingly gives them the opportunity to repent from their unrighteous work'". That would obviously be contrary to Deuteronomy 32:4, which says "The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; Righteous and upright is he.".

Comments?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I guess even Jehovah gets new light occasionally.

• sir82
    sir82

Jehovah is loving except for the times when he is unloving.

You can find contradictions in virtually every WT article.

Heck, sometimes you can find them in the same bleedin' sentence.

• lola-rabbit
    lola-rabbit

This weeks article was by all means very sad. I felt so uncomfortable, I could see the faces of the people visiting for the first time thinking... "what kind of organization is this?!?!"

• N.drew
    N.drew

I wish the Society of Jehovah's Witnesses would apply this to themselves and do it.

'He lovingly gives them the opportunity to repent from their unrighteous work'".

What do I think they should repent from?

They should repent with public apology for taking the place of Jesus Christ.

God is a spirit and they that worship must worship him in spirit and truth (straitforwardness).

http://concordances.org/greek/225.htm

IF we confess our sins, he is faithful to forgive us.

http://biblos.com/1_john/1-9.htm

Please. (oh that's going to happen-not; stop talking to yourself....)

Shake that world Shake that world Shake that world. What?

Isn't anything possible? Maybe we're not real, ever think of that?

Why not let's try writing the story, with a happy ending. What?

Go away. I mean please go away.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Is my avatar too bright?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Nice catch stillstuckcruz! The problem with most active JWs is that their Critical Thinking Skills are zero or below!

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

@ Lola-rabbit: your absolutely right! I was handling mikes during this study and I was shaking my head nearly the entire time. I really can't believe people can be in full support of these things. It's funny how JW's condemn everyone else for every mistake and fault made. But anything they do is easily justified and supported in their eyes. SMH

@00DAD: I've novticed how there are zero thinking skills involved with JW's. I was listening the the utterly ignorant comments made by individuals at the hall, including my ELDER father. My fathers statement during the WT was "if disfellowshipped indiviuals continued to have contact with family and friends in the organization, then that individual might say 'well why should I come back when everyone still talks to me like nothing ever happened.' But if they they have no contact with these ones and realize they have no family or friends, this can encourage them to come back" I had my mouth open in shock at this point. I'm not even going to delve deep into that comment as it is pretty typical and speaks for itself.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

@ stillstuckcruz: Yes, it's "Reasoning From the Scriptures" (or at least that's what they say) until you're IN. Then, if you ever disagree you are OUT and it's now, "Shunning From the Scriptures".

If I can't convince you with my faulty logic, then let me manipulate your emotions.

• wizardca
    wizardca

the shunning isn't just regulated to DF'd . if you are faded and your actions are not in alignment with the bOrg you can still be shunned to an extent. least that's the case with my JW family. found it interesting that the parts of the article quoted doesn't address faded or DA'd...in that whole light to dark area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit