Special day Last talk "No formula"

by MommieTiger 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

AMBERSUN...

"Oh how hilariously witty, I wish I had been there to join in the happifying mirth spewing forth from that jovial Bethel boy's mouth, thinking about how my generation back in the late 1960s were told to leave school and wash windows or do menial cleaning jobs to support us as we pioneered our way through the last days of this wicked system.

We were told as FACT that any college course we started would be a complete waste of time because armageddon would be here before we had a chance to finish it. Those wise words from the GB came in 1969, and oh, isn't it so funny that they got it wrong, tee hee, and my generation are all retiring now with nothing more than a meagre state pension to live off."

Spot On!! You hit a nerve! The joke is really on us, isn't it?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

maybe the old formula that used different levels, tunnels, and measurements from the great pyramids is embarressing now

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

For many years where I lived in the 1980s, we used to have to travel for half a day just to attend one of those "Special Talks."

Increasingly over the years, many of us were left feeling "did we travel all this way just to hear that" :

- but this "Special Talk" would have surely taken the biscuit!

Bill.

• designs
    designs

The Society's New Formula: Keep sending in regular Donations and when you die turn over any remaining Assets to Us...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Continuing, life-long themes of the Special Assemblies (and every other meeting). This could also become known as the WatchTower Society 10 Commandments:

1.) Obey the Governing Body.

2.) Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

3.) The beatings will continue until morale improves.

4.) You are not doing enough, so pray more, attend all the meetings, and be regular in the field ministry.

5.) We never said that, YOU misunderstood and are wrong.

6.) Do as we say, not as we do.

7.) Don't think; we think for you.

8.) Govering Body/WatchTower GOOD; everything else baaaaaaad.

9.) Obey us or DIE.

10.) When in doubt, see Commandment #1.

• N.drew
    N.drew

WingCommander A funny list, but unfortunately some of them are true. 1 is true, 4 is true, 5 is somewhat true (an exaggeration), 6 is not communicated, but now we know it is true, 7 is just plain mean, but uh, never mind, 8 is true, 9 is true HTG, 10 is true. Watchtower is real? Maybe it's God damn it saying you grasshoppers think you are real? Think again.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Thanks for the report. So do you think you will be back?

• agonus
    agonus

No "special formula"?

What exactly would you call the "overlapping generations" teaching?

Although I guess that teaching is neither special nor really a formula, per se, least not one that can be pinned down to a definite number of years.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Jesus said that 2000 yrs ago in Matt 24:36 about not knowing the day or the hour.

Yet you would be disfellowshipped if you didn't agree back in the 70's that 1975 would see the end or that the generation of 1914 would see the end.

Millions of lives actually cling to every single word the GB says even though they have a long record of failed prophesies and arbitrary policies that have landed thousands in jail, caused premature deaths (blood fractions) & even women raped (Malawi).

W.H. Conley

• aristeas
    aristeas

Thanks for the share, Mommie Tiger! It's good to hear the latest propanganda from those still attending . The overall message sounds the same: we will try to appear somewhat 'liberal' but, of course, are certainly not. Just do what the borg tells you, believe what the borg tells you, and question nothing. They just dress it up however they want this week and that.

Please keep us informed as you attend meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit