Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-25-2011 WT Study (ENTER REST)

by blondie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

It is clear to any kind of impartial observer that the WTS is interested only in tightening the grip it has on the rank and file membership. The sad thing about this is they have encountered little or no resistance from those still "in good standing". True, there are signs this is changing with the emergence of websites that are calling for reforms, but I think they will have little or no impact on the WTS leadership.

This latest Watchtower study is nothing short of abominable. I wonder what it will take for Jehovah's Witnesses to demand and end to such hateful teaching. I hope there will be a backlash, but I'm not looking for one anytime soon.

Quendi

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks, Blondie.

Two things bothered me with today's study.

1) Necessary Business: Act 6:1-3 uses that term. It refers to" Necessary Business", when speaking about the 7 Certified men. These men were appointed to help with distributing food and serving the needs of the widows in the first century. There was no mystery on how they would interpret this term. However, in Modern Days, in the days where the FDS have found is necessary to make adjustments, refinements, they have mistified this term. They do so with accusing families of DF's relatives in missusing this provision. How harse it is to rub into their faces, that were it back in Moses day, their relatives would be stoned. I think that they are taking a hard stand on DF people, and are afraid that they will lose more, so they are missapplying, or redefining this phrase. They are trying to retract that phrase.

2) It like the Higher Education article. I remember when it first came out quite some time ago. When it first came out, it stated that Higer Learning was only to be pursued if the person was doing so to Pioneer. Then, they found out that this wasn't happening. Now they took it back. Now you face congregational criticism if anyone pursues this course. Even those whose parents are serving in some congregational capacity face punishment.

Refining indeed. It's more like a control mechanism. How gullible some are in swallowing this.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I sat through the first half of this while my wife was in the ladies room tending to the kids.

Then she sent us all outside so she could hear the second half. She found my copy of this WT article where I was making annotations in the margins about this. The whole leading into Noo Lite, the idea that only those who wish to lead 'sinful' lives wound up disfellowshipped. "What if someone left as a matter of conscious?" I wrote in the margins.

I just hope the kids continue to distract her so that this material does not get a chance to sink in. Where is the love, mercy, compassion?

• boyzone
  • LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Thanks Blondie!

I read each week and want to say that you do such a great job cutting through the Watchtower BULL***T!

I think one of your comments above summs up this article perfectly:

The average JW needs to be " Absolutely convinced" that the WTS way is God’s way even if there is no scripture…even though they are imperfect, not infallible or inspired.

After 30+ years in their organization, articles like this make me sick thinking that I once associated, supported and advocated this religion.

The GB's arrogance and self-aggrandizement is disgusing

They are nothing but Pharisees who Jesus described as "Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!" (Matt. 23:24)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That article was too much, I really hate the game their playing " our heart goes out to those dear parents" the use of dear is so squirmy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This has to be one of the most repugnant Watchtower articles ever!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    (9)The slave class is more interested in cooperating with God’s unfolding purpose than in shielding itself from criticism over an adjusted understanding.

Anyone who criticizes the 'slave' will soon find himself disfellowshipped, criticism is simply not allowed.

(14)After all, their son had a choice, and he chose to pursue his unchristian lifestyle rather than to continue to enjoy close association with his parents and other fellow believers. The parents, on the other hand, had no say in the matter.

The chances are the son was brain washed from birth and the only choice he had resulted in losing his family. That's why so many of us are trapped in. I wanted to stand up and read the July 2009 Awake - "No one should be forced to worship in a way he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family"

George

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There seems to be more rules associated with the Washtowel. Develop faith? How can you do that without reasonable proof? And you cannot do that unless you are allowed to actually use the whole Bible and see if the religion is actually complying with it as they claim to. If you can't even do that, you can't prove that the religion is true.

And there are endless rules associated with disfellowshipped people. I have been checking out sites detailing the rules to migrate to New Zealand, and those rules seem downright simple and doable compared to the Washtowel rules. Even moving into countries where vaccinations are required and your home country is hostile toward seems downright simple--compared with all the endless rules put out by the Washtowel Slaveholdery and the hounders in the local congregation. Simplify your life? Not with all those rules, many of them having no basis in the Bible that they claim to abide by.

• booby
    booby

Notice that the footnote on paragraph 22 says

Today, God speaks to us through the Bible.
    The Bible has the power to change our lives.
    So, what we read at Hebrews 4:12 is also true
    about the Bible.

So when they want, the bible can speak, but then one cannot have the truth if they use just the bible without them and their interpretations.

CULT!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit