The Watchtower slams the Catholics, why not Islam?

by punkofnice 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

That one GB guy to the left looks like Bill O'Reilly.

Anyways, they probably find it safer and more practical to put down Catholicism, like everyone else has been saying.

• wiser
    wiser

I got tired of hearing JWs slam other christian faiths. Since catholics have the greater number of members they will always be targeted.

• Scully
    Scully

They may be fanatics and bat$h!t crazy cult leaders, but they're not stupid. They don't want any planes flying into their preĀ¢iou$ NY City real estate.

• gfmucci
  • ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    The GB finds it offensive that the Pope would claim to speak for God since the Bible contains no evidence that God would communicate thru a human-established entity.

HA HA

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I think that deep down, most JW's identify more with Muslims than they do with Catholics. The transition from a doily to a burka isn't such a huge leap, after all.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am surprised that nobody here has speculated that it could possibly be because the WTBTS is not only anti-Catholic, but also anti-Jewish?

In that sense, maybe they don't think the Islamics are all that bad...

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think they're afraid of Islam. If I wasn't me, I'd be afraid of them.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Because Islam is not Babylon the Great... although if Islam is not the true religion, according to the WTS, and they are misleading billions of humans..... (not to mention one of the fastest growing faiths in the world) then why doesn't WTS present a defense against Islam?

See, this is why I have a problem with religion in general..... God seems to have a problem with everyone, and yet all everyone tries to do is please God!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think it's a fear thing. There are plenty of those who follow hinduism here on the west coast and as a JW, we had plenty to say about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit