Almost de-converted a JW today...

by MoneurMallard 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

Well, after hours of chat online via yahoo messenger and emails back and forth via my youtube channel, I almost successfully de-converted a young woman in California from the borg. Or is it the "soc"? Which is the more correct asinine term these days?

Anyway she was listening to everything I had to say, I was really making some good points of stride by pointing out all the people on my lists that I know that are not religious but are charitable and kind, and sending her lots of email contacts of fellow women I know who are ex-religious that no longer fear what will happen if they just drop it all together. Barbecues and beach trips, etc, getting out to enjoy nature, white water rafting, all kinds of people I put her in touch with to get back to reality...

At one point though, the line went dead on the skype, her phone which she usually answsered on the first ring took four rings before I got "she doesn't want to talk to you anymore, don't call here again or we're going to call your local police" - Elder pitch?

Do Elders make surprise visits to single JW women in the early 20's? If so, why are men stopping by these women's homes like that and taking control of their electronic equipment??

• talesin
    talesin

They just had two WT studies on not speaking with 'diseased apostates'. Very strong message indeed. There's a few threads here on the articles, and you can read them online at the WT website.

I like Borg myself. Kinda says it all.

talesin

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg it is. And it isn't asinine.

You'll make more friends here by not insulting our lingo.

• Gayle
    Gayle

MM,, if she listened that much to you, even though someone else stepped in to control her,,maybe the young woman heard enough to get her thinking,,enough to doubt,, enough to analyze for more consideration later. For many who finally leave it is a process of time.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If this young 20 something woman can be swayed from her religious convictions via a few hours of emails and phone calls, chances are there is someone else in her life, ( father, brother, other male Witness friend) who can sway her back the other way using the scary threat of being "Destroyed" at Armegeddon for disagreeing with the Organization . They likely would come to her rescue by intercepting your calls to her and warning you off.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The line suddenly went dead and you got a "do not call" message...

Sounds like she had an unexpected visitor. She got caught talking to you and had to look ultra spiritual.

Just my take.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Make sure to email her a message that she has not burned any bridges. If she chooses to talk again, you will be there. But leave the choice to her.

NC

• MoneurMallard
    MoneurMallard

Yes I'm kind of playing it cool for now, the ball is in her court, I've sent an invite to my youtube channel, (which by the way if you haven't been there yet, please visit and join, I am looking for ex-jw's to help me with any streaming video content which will help those in need, any anti-soc material)...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/216168/1/My-Youtube-Channel

Thanks to all of you here for your support so far, it's good to see a forum like this up and running for so long. Who are the admins by the way, I'd like to contact them and make a donation for support.

Andrew

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

That's a great feeling. My ministry is the undoing of the JW's ministry. Would love to be able to help someone out some die. Lord knows I've tried with everyone in my family and the few "friends" I had before leaving.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I ran some intervention today. For the first time since leaving, I found an AWAKE creatively left at a medical center. The page was opened to something about the body. I threw it away. Felt good. I didn't deconvert anyone, but I pulled out one little weed.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit