passing a resolution

by stillin 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
    N.drew

WTWizard You make me smile every time. Sometimes I laugh out loud at your posts, they think I,m crazy here. Your post reminds me of the many situations brother Raymond Franz found himself in. I know that if I did not agree with a resolution, I would not vote either way. Because, silly me, I believe Jehovah would do His will. Excuez-moi c'est bien. Merci.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I voted no once. Everybody gasped as if I was being rebellious and I was called into the back room by the elders. I made my point and they actually followed my advice. The fact was that almost nobody except a couple of unemployed elder/old people wanted it to go through (it was about making the evening meetings start at 6:30 pm to account for the early darkness in winter). I should've voted yes in retrospect but then I was still a good soldier so I said "I can't make it on time as I get off work at 5:00 and many others can't either".

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I saw two individuals say no only once. A daughter and father. Oviously they were completely ignored because majority rules. It's not that everyone ACTUALLY agrees to it. It's just like when your personally asked to do an assignment. It's an arrangement from Jehovah God so you BETTER not deny it! You feel compelled and obligated to do so.

It's just like Ray franz said in CoC with regards the 2/3's majority rule. You would automatically know when certain hands went up, most others would follow simply because they felt compelled to. No different here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit