I started a new relationship

by greenhornet 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I have a girl friend that I like very much. We have been together about a month now. We talk about religion some times and I tell her I am Christian and leave it at that. (I have been a JW born in and left 15 years back) I found out that she has been going to the Morman church fo a year. I don't have a proplem with that. However I am slowly meeting her friends from her church. They seem very nice. (of course so are JWs).

My question is are the mormans sneaky like JWs and love bomb you to join. And can I still date and be good frinds with her because I will tell her I will never join the LDS church. I dont want to come from one cult to go in another. Thx

• Joliette
    Joliette

Good for you, wish you the best!

• talesin
    talesin

My question is are the mormans sneaky like JWs and love bomb you to join.

Yes.

t

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Thanks T. I need more knowlege on the mormans, I dont want to see my girl friend go to a cult.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Google's a good start.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Good luck with your girl, be happy!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Oh Lordy! Just join an ex-LDS forum, and ask them what you should expect.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

greenhornet, if you decide to post at ex-LDS forum, can we see the thread over there? Maybe we can give you some additional feedback after you get some comments from ex-LDS. Good Luck!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I dont want to come from one cult to go in another. Thx
    Answer . . . Just join an ex-LDS forum, and ask them what you should expect. . . . transhuman68

That's by far the best advice you can get . . . please do it! You could start here . . .

http://www.exmormon.org/

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    My question is are the mormans sneaky like JWs and love bomb you to join.

Here's one thing I learned from an old acquaintance when he became Mormon and which I have heard is a common part of how they recruit. After he became friends with them, they asked him to pray about the Book of Mormon. My old acquaintance said he did it and felt some warm feelings that let him know that it is true. I think this is a tactic that shows up in various forms in various cultish groups to get people to believe things that would otherwise seem crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit