What Do You Like For A Drink?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I've been sticking to beer lately. You PA people will know Yuengling (Americas oldest brewery). I usually only get fancy beers when I'm out at my favorite bars. I haven't bought a bottle of hard liquor in a while. I like American Honey whiskey. I like rum. I don't care much for vodka or tequila straight. I'll drink them mixed but straight... doesn't go down very well.

If you want a nice drink, take an orange spice beer and mix it with a bit of whipped vodka. Its like drinking a pumpkin pie.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Jim Beam. Straight up.

There is a brewery in Indianapolis called "Oaken Barrel Brewing Company" they have a great "Alabaster Ale" It has become my favorite beer, but usually I stick with Beam and Miller High Life.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Mr Freeze: I went to Pittsburgh a few years ago, and had never had a yuengling before.....I LOVE IT!!....When my friend (Who if from Tionesta) goes back home, I alway give him a twenty to bring me back a case.....I hope they bring it to Indiana soon.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I like blue moon beer but I don't drink too much because I get flushed and my face gets red even from just one glass. They call it the asian flush because asians apparently oftem have the condition but I'm not asian but I guess we all probably have surprises in our genetic history.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Is this another beer fairy thread? if not it should be

• minimus
    minimus

I admit, I enjoy an ice cold Miller Lite!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I treat myself every now and the to a Blue label Chimay every once in awhile, I say treat because to pay from 10 - 15 dollars for one bottle of beer is a treat, I don't pay that much for a a bottle of wine!

• minimus
    minimus

Ouch! That's a great way to not overdrink!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's funny, NC, I always pictured you Asian. I would of thought you liked Sake.

I like almost anything alchoholic...not that Guinness beer tho. That is growse. I especially like that wimpy American beer Michelob. But, offer me a Chrown Royal Rye. That is a Canadian drink.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm a big whisk(e)y fan. I tend to gravitate more to the single malt Scotch whisky side of things, particularly the peaty Islay malts. i don't limit myself to that, though, and frequently enjoy Irish (Bushmills) whiskey, Bourbon, Tennessee (George Dickel), and Japanese single malts. Not a big drinker of Canadian whisky. Too light and sweet for my palate. I like my spirits to be full-bodied with big flavors.

Whisk(e)y goes great with beer, so I generally enjoy it neat with a frosty pint of a nice, hoppy, Pacific Northwest-style IPA or a nicely balanced stout.

Every whisk(e)y starts out as a beer prior to distilllation, so the two compliment each other very well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit