There is no escape, no way out...

by butalbee 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

How about constructing a little altar to the smurf doll - next time they come by, tell them you prayed to the smurf doll and it told you to go back to meetings.

Could be the start of another JW urban legend.

Seriously, Butalbee - lots of good advice on this thread.

Best wishes,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• ianao
    ianao

butalbe:

The only way I have ever gotten the witnesses to leave me alone was to look at one straight in the face and tell them to take their superstitious nonsense elsewhere. If they think that you no longer believe in God anymore, they seem to leave you alone. I guess it gives them some sort of silly satisfaction, reinforcing to them that they have the true religion because you no longer believe in a creator anymore. Anyway, that is how you can get them off of your back, usually. Some are more persistant, but if you ridicule them the same you would a superstitious fool who won't walk under ladders, they usually leave you be. ESPECIALLY if you do it out loud, in front of others. :)

Now if you have JW contacts, it may be a different story for you, but this is what worked for me. Good Luck.

• amccullough
    amccullough
    Some are more persistant, but if you ridicule them the same you would a superstitious fool who won't walk under ladders, they usually leave you be. ESPECIALLY if you do it out loud, in front of others. :)

There you go! That's a good tactic! Did you pick that fine trait up in high school?

I believe the above actions to be the root cause of most of the problems in the world.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I agree with the comments about being respectful to the elder. As misguided as they are, they believe they are trying to help you gain eternal salvation and they might lose salvation themselves if they don't try to get you back in. At the same time, you can be firm in letting them know you are not the least bit interested in their religion.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• ianao
    ianao

amccullough:

There you go! That's a good tactic! Did you pick that fine trait up in high school?
    No, I came up with it, all by myself. You see when someone just won't take "no thank you, I am not interested" or "please leave me alone" for an answer, sometimes you have to resort to drastic measures. In this case, it was a persistant witnesses who simply would not give up the sales job, and little ol' me who didn't feel like suing someone for simply not getting a hint.

BTW, Thank you for your kind comments. I KNOW it was a good tactic, because it got the desired result, something that I previously did not get, and obviously butalbe is not getting.

In closing, I would like to add something that I indeed did learn straight from high school, that is, for you to politely "FUCK YOUR RITEOUS SELF".

Thank you and have a nice day.

• amccullough
    amccullough

My RITEOUS SELF, huh? No thanks, I have a wife.

If you feel the only way to handle those types of situations is by resorting to drastic measures then I guess that is your lot in life. I prefer to stick with common courtesies.

• Kep
    Kep

"I prefer to stick with common courtesies."
    Ah hello, sometimes that will not cut the mustard.
    I was a pioneering elder and it was common to try and help a weakling in the cong.
    You go and see them, offer encouragement, get shot down in flames.
    Next week you are working with another person, discuss this situation with them, devise perhaps another tactic, go and see the weakling, try the new line, get shot down.
    Out in service again, with another person, go thru the same motions.
    Talk with the CO, get some pointers, have another crack.
    Pass the assignment onto another pioneer, check with them how progress is going, discuss it with other elders, work on more strategies.
    No way, forget the courtesies, straight to the point then its over

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hey, I'm a neophite...clue me in (since I've never been a JW). What would happen if someone just said to the person... "You know what, thanks for your concern, but I've found something so much better, and I'm really happy. I've learn so much more about the true meaning of life and I'm now communing personnally with Jehovah more than I ever have. Everythings so much clearer now, things are positive and not so negative as it use to be. I now know where I stand with God and how he stands by me and is concerned with my Life. I just want to go forward, and feel that by returning I would be taking several giant steps backwards. Life is Great, you should try it."

So.........what do you think the JW trying to reconvert you would say?

• butalbee
    butalbee
    There are plenty of posts and replies on here that are obviously rooted in the emotions of the person and how they perceived that they were wronged by the WT. We are all subjective by nature, it is just some are more inflicted by it than others. Complete objectivity is unattainable, but worth the effort nevertheless.

Do I smell a TROLL??????????????????????????????

amccullough--Why do I feel you are being so viscious to me? By chance, I'm wondering if you are related to my ex's sister in law??

• amccullough
    amccullough
    Do I smell a TROLL??????????????????????????????

That's one way to negate everything I say...

amccullough--Why do I feel you are being so viscious to me?
    I don't know why. You started this thread with a post that ended
    What do I have to do to get these people out of my life??
    I replied with
    simply tell them that you understand what they are trying to do and appreciate it but you firmly disagree with their beliefs and are not interested in revisiting them.
    I feel I was the only one who gave you a reasonable response that didn't require you to lower yourself to the level of belittling others to make them not want to talk to you.

Sorry if I seemed viscous, but most of my negative remarks were aimed at those who were responding to your post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit