There is no escape, no way out...

by butalbee 30 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

I've been invited to go to a study group again, by a sister who I work with, she said she would like to explain some doctrines to me that I might had misunderstood, and would like to get together and talk. She also gave me 5 magazines--told me, of the great articles, that I should read. YEP!! More liners for my cat litter box, I think to myself. She said she's looking forward to meeting with me, and says the best thing for myself right now would be to get back into the truth. Um, hello, what do I have to do to get rid of these people??? First they're telling me I'm a bad association, sticking their noses up in the air when they by chance walk by, now they're wanting to get together with me. Do all kingdom halls resemble insane assylums????? Today, elder wart nose came up to me, now I'm there thinking, "what the hell could he possibly want to say to belittle me now?" He says "Hello, Lara, how are you doing?"
    I am stunned, thought for sure, he'd bitch me out like last time.

What do I have to do to get these people out of my life??

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hmmm, got any anthrax laying around or at least some rat poison? Naw, scratch that, I will loan you a copy of The Complete Book of Dirty Tricks to give you a few ideas on how to give some people really bad luck. But then you just may find they are too stupid and just need to get a DA letter going or a restraining order. How about I will restrain them and you perform some Satanic ritual in front of them or touch them all over with a blue smurf? They will run off pissing and screaming then and will never come back.

Skipper

• tdogg
    tdogg

I remember we used to periodically have a push to bring back the inactive ones. It would begin with an article or talk outlining all the ways to go about it. Then everyone would go and do their duty with preordained lines to say and articles to read, just like you are describing. They might go so far as trying to be nice to you(only to bring to back in of course) so that you wont go and get yourself killed at HARmageddon.

You are caught in one of those cycles. Dont worry, if you dont respond to their nice tactics they will try fire, maybe even not talking to you! (Which is what you wanted in the first place.)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Buty

It's called love bombing. Being real nice to you just to pull you in.

You could tell wart nose you have joined the catholic church, or went to pentacostal church and learned how to speak in tongues. They think that people who do that have demons. Or buy a oiuja board and keep it on your desk (don't use it). When wart nose asks you to get rid of it, tell him you're putting it inside your desk. When he craps his pants, ask him if he's scared of demons, or if he is superstitious;)

SS

• butalbee
    butalbee

The smurf thing sounds like a great idea!! That is; if I can find a couple to buy. I'll wave it around at them, maybe throw some holy water at them, or dance naked around a fire chanting songs of evil.

Wouldlove to torture these bastards as much as they are torturing me.

• qadreena
    qadreena

i had a sister who would visit the family house and when i stopped going meetings i would stay in my room when she came to visit but she started coming up to my bedroom to try and get me studying again!

i ended up running away from home and geting married to a 'worldly' man, he was the first guy i met and asked me after we were together for a month, a stupid mistake on my part but saying that though, as soon as i settled into my own house (after the divorce) this sister came to realise that there was no way i was going back, she still knocked my door when she found out where i lived but i would answer the door with a cigarette in my hand! she would tell me off and i would ignore what she said and sit and smoke while she tried to tell me what the magazines had to offer *this week, after a couple of weeks, she soon stopped visiting, i had evil looking band posters all over the wall and would always have my music playing, she soon gogt the message

i think just my attitude in settling down into the life i chose made her realise that her attempts were futile but she was quite soft, maybe your not as lucky, sounds to me theyre just not giving up

moving city without telling them where you move to would help but thats a very drastic measure, maybe find a job where none of them are, seems to me theyre making your life a right misery

• logical
    logical

Get the smurfs from a garage sale if you can... double the demons.

• avengers
    avengers
    dance naked around a fire chanting songs of evil.

That you are welcome to do anytime.

Ask them if they have anymore wildbeast-meat for you and how they thought it tasted.

At my door they turned right around and left without a word.

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe the Circuit Overseer's visit is coming up and they're priming to invite you to the "special talk" or the Memorial.

Just curious..... elder wart nose sounds like a pretty regular customer at your place of work.... what's up with that?? Has he always been?? or just since you got involved with the JW ex BF??

The JW sister who works with you sounds like she may be trying to convince you that she's your friend, when all she wants to do is get a feather in her cap for recruiting you. If it were me in your place, I'd politely tell her that I'm not interested in discussing her religion on company time OR personal time. If she persists, then put it in writing, with a copy to your employer. If she does it again, then go straight to the boss and complain about the religious harrassment.

The other option is to display a copy of Crisis of Conscience on your work station, and say you'll be happy to talk about Jehovah's Witnesses with her if she agrees to study THAT book with YOU.

Option 3 is to say "Look, I've seen enough of what goes on among JWs to know that I want NOTHING to do with that GOD DAMNED F*CKING CULT, and there's nothing you can say or do to change my mind."

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• amccullough
    amccullough

You lot are right! These evil people probably sit at home thinking "How can I get that God Damned Whore to become a JW again so I can chalk another one up!!!" Does it occur to any of you that these people have honourable intentions whether you agree with them or not??? Have a little empathy and if it bothers you that they keep trying to "save your life" than simply tell them that you understand what they are trying to do and appreciate it but you firmly disagree with their beliefs and are not interested in revisiting them. It is possible to show respect for others' beliefs. This whole DB whines and moans about not being respected for their difference in beliefs but is not willing to show any respect to others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit