My first English Essay for college, I wrote about my experience as a JW.

by JonathanH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Excellent essay and a great anti-witness! I'm sorry about your family - how awful. Nice appreciative friend! I can somewhat relate to the betrayal - my father turned me in while he was disfellowshipped (for over 12 years) and he was reinstated promptly. Holy spirit sure can lead those men!

I wish you all the best in college!

Hadit

• talesin
    talesin

Nice work! And your first essay, 92? woop woop!

Wow, what a friend! uggh, I'm sorry, that musta hurt.

((Hadit)) --- your own father,,,

tal

• sizemik
    sizemik

Well done on the essay JH . . . great marks, well deserved.

You definitely have a strength with your literary skills.

The religion turns people into liars, betrayers and haters . . . your essay made that obvious but subtley with it's gentle honesty. There's some degree of satisfaction at least, in turning a negative experience to your advantage . . . nice work.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Well done!

• laverite
    laverite

Wow!!! Your prof is a hard grader (92/100). I'm impressed. Nice job! A+!!

• looloo
    looloo

with friends like that you dont need no enemys , great story !

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<< “Do you consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's witnesses?” He asked me again.>>

AnotherPaul , one of 2 JWs on ACF writes:

As an elder I never asked anyone that question and know of no elder who ever did.

I have known of those who were "inactive" and some who are today. Never would they be asked such a question.

Some want to believe any thing negative. Sad.

- - - - -

Feel free to confirm for all other that your testimony is genuine by double clicking on the number link below.

Vander

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Wonderful! You should submit that to some newspapers and/or magazines like Readers Digest and see if it gets published, it would be awesome reading for people who don't know about the JWs.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing. Good job on the paper. Nice explanation.

If you want a technical critique, I would assume that the grading came down because of the closing paragraphs. I understood your explanation, but the teacher might have found the explanation of the history with your "friend" hard to follow. All the first part was very clear, easy to understand, personal, yet thoughtful. When you regressed to the betrayal in the closing paragraphs, it seemed rather rushed and emotional, after the careful and analytical first part. I'm guessing that you cut some content there to fit it under the required number of pages. That's what I'm guessing, because that's what I would often do when trying to squeeze more into less space. But very well done. Much better than many of the papers I had to peer review in my English classes.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Umm, I didn't mean to kill this thread. This thread has done nothing to deserve death. Read. Discuss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit