Necessary business with Disfellowshipped ones

by Quarterback 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I was reading our study article for next week's WT study There is a subheading in there about Treatment of Disfellowshipped ones.

In one paragraph they slam the term, "Necessary Business" when dealing with a family member who is DF'd.

This is so confusing. In one hand they have coined that phrase "necessary business" with relatives that have DF relatives. Now, on the other hand they turn it around and say you can't do it, or that people are missapplying it.. They don't tell you how to apply it, but they sure like to tell you how not to apply it. I don't know where the GB is going with this. Probably they are wishing they could detract this from the publications, but it is there.

What else can they do? As long as they have difficult rules that some can't follow they are going to have DFing and they will always have to prove to the media that ....no we don't tear families apart for shunning them....see they can have necessary business with them(but, don't ask us what that means)

• wobble
    wobble

The usual mind-control technique, they know that most who love their family members have used the "necessary business" tag to cover just about any contact, and why the hell not ?

They are just trying to exercise more control, they know that many Dubs will now limit their contact with DF'd family to just what is truly necessary, of course the stronger minded will say "stuff you" to the GB and carry on as before.

They are a nasty vindictive cult, nobody can leave without pain, they make sure of that, the problem is that for some vulnerable ones who have been DF'd this can lead to depression and suicide, not that the heartless bastards who head the WT care one bit.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Ambiguity is probably the most widely used mind-control technique used by the WT... not only does it create dependency for "guidance", it also helps mitigate any possible legal action against the borg...

• Scully
    Scully

Rule of thumb when applying the term Necessary Family Business™:

If you need money, are ill or require other manner of material support, and would otherwise have to rely on JW Friends™ or the Congregation™ for such assistance, then contact with DF'd relatives as Necessary Family Business™ is permissible.

If your DFd relative(s) need money, are ill or require other manner of material support, then fuck 'em.

• erbie
    erbie

Scully, you've probably just about summed it up in the clearest way possible.

Perhaps you should submit your little statement for inclusion in a future Watchtower publication. I think it would clarify an issue that plagues many of The Watchtower's most sincere and faithful followers.

However, you may have to substitute 'em for them as they do like to use the correct English grammar!

• JRK
    JRK

As a disfellowshipped person, the only "necessary business" my sisters have with me is when they WANT SOMETHING! Greedy pricks.

JK

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Typical conundrum with the garbled messages from the GB....

They can tell you what to do, but not how to apply it in real life in this instance. Gives them more leverage to dissfellowship when they find out what youve been up to "behind our backs!"

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

IMO, they are gradually heading toward a DF policy like scientology has, which is basicly zero contact. Towards the end of my attenting meetings 3+ years ago, even buying groceries for a relative sick with cancer was frowned upon. In fact, I believe that also taking a DF relative to the doctor was stated at an assemby as "not family business".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT July 15 2011 p 31

"But what will these dear parents do? Will they obey Jehovah's clear direction? Or will they rationalize that they can have regular association with the disfellowshipped son and call it "necessary family business"? In making their decision they must not fail to consider how Jehovah feels about what they are doing"

(below a picture of a man walking out the door with a suitcase and weeping parents)

In reality the attitude of the dubs varies enormously. I have known some that have almost normal relations and others who cut them dead..............

Over the page it says (par 17) after discussing Nadab and Abihu who were struck dead.

"Today, Jehovah does not immediately execute those who violate his laws . He lovingly gives them an opportunity to repent from their unrighteous works. How would Jehovah feel though, if the parents of an unrepentant wrongdoer kept putting Him to the test by having unnecessary association with their disfellowshipped son or daughter?"

Make of that what you will ....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Can't understand why authorities don't catch up to this as "unfair business practice" and/or "discrimination"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit