Help. I need a date.

by donuthole 26 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

I've googled with no success. I need a date. When did the Watchtower discontinue food service at the District Conventions? I know it was sometime during the 1990's, but not sure of the year. A shasta cola to whoever can provide the date!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I was going to tell you to just buck up and ask a girl out... ;)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I do not know. (bookmarked)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Blondie does not respond to dating topics. I think Blondie can find an answer for you. Bad Topic!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I need a date.

It this why you got here so quick allcool?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

You have time to edit the topic.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

sizemik, LOL, I wanted to see if I can help him.

• AnneB
    AnneB

They were still serving food in 1993. Beyond that I have no idea, wasn't there.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It was announced in the December 1994 KM that there would be no more food served at assemblies and conventions. So,it took effect in 1995.

I actually got that info. from searching on threads here and blondie had answered the question.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I believe 1995. Here is from a 1995 Kingdom Ministry. The 1994 KM's were business as usual.

FurtherStepstoBeTaken: We look to Jehovah for his blessing as we move forward progressively. We are happy to see that he has given his people the needed spirit of wisdom and understanding. We must agree that through the faithful slave class, Jesus Christ has directed matters efficiently for the outworking of Jehovah’s purpose in a marvelous way. (Matt. 24:45-47; Col. 1:9, 10) An announcement in the December OurKingdomMinistry stated: “Beginning with the 1995 district conventions and the September 1995 circuit assemblies and special assembly days, there will be no food served. Each one is to bring his own food and drink.” Circuit assemblies and special assembly days will continue with their present simplified food service arrangements through August 1995. There has been a positive response to this announcement. You may be interested in knowing how this change will be of benefit. Perhaps the following review of adjustments that have been made in recent years will prove to be a good reminder of the benefits we have already received by simplifying the work at conventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit