Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-18-2011 WT Study (GOD'S REST)

by blondie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

wow i wonder how long their going to be able to keep this up before someone yells the emperor is naked. They got away with it in 1925, 1975 but now their naked body is plastered all over the internet and its unstoppable.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I have a problem with the whole idea of a day of rest. This would seem that God had intended to have a day of rest to carry out his plan. If he had this plan then he knew that Adam would eventually sin, thus the need for a day of rest. How long is this day of rest? It did not end after the flood when all of the wicked were wiped out. So, I conclude that his plan was not finished. He has planned for a wicked world, the one that we now live in, to come about so that once again he can step in to save the day. Maybe, that is the plan, or maybe it will be in another 1000 years.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Nice work, as usual, Blondie. What the articlwe brings to mind is the Biblical use of "generation;" the whole idea of making the Israelites wander for 40 years in the wilderness was precisely because God sought to punish the faithless "generation" that opposed Joshua and Caleb, mandated that this "generation" "passed away" in the wilderness. So, in God's view, 40 years was enough to accomplish this.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is yet another poorly written article that is supposed to tell the worn out story about mankind's fall from perfection. And they take the accounts out of order--as they always do.

One thing I noticed is that everything they bash the ancient Israelites for, they themselves do. They hide super whopper offenses like killing babies and molesting children/silencing the victims. They pick out the little tiny "offenses" to look righteous. They also do the deadest of works I can think of--which accomplishes nothing as they waste their lives. This being the case, I wonder if it's even possible for Jehovah to have a chosen people remain faithful at all.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thanks Blondie,

Crazy to see that the elder handling the watchtower study in the local congregation seemed lost it all... He had no intention of how to conduct this WT article.

Crazy religion...

Gorby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

P5 "God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s thousand year reign"

So they still tie in the millenium reign to be completed by the end of the seventh creative day. When we were told that each creative day was 7000 years long, that meant a lot and was the catalyst for the 1975 debacle.

Nowadays they will only say that creative days are for "considerable lengths of time" - so what does this mean?

I guess they mean ' It comes within the day, but we have no idea how long the day will be" . Interestingly they said in Feb 15th this year that "In the beginning "(Gen 1: 1& 2) was "aeons" ago , defined as an "immeasurably long period of time" - and the creative days were called "epochs"....very vague.

AS others have said, they "enter into Gods rest" not by a relationship with God but by being obedient to the WTS !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit