The Solon Association!

by Atlantis 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Do you remember this? - (Credit goes to Farkel) - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/77218/1/Russell-the-Man - Russell The Liar
    - -

Charles T. Russell lied several times in Court during his divorce proceedings. He did this to try to hide from the fact he had yet ANOTHER business enterprise going right there at Watch Tower headquarters! It was called the Solon Society, or Solon Association. He was asked about this association in -

court:

A: I really do not remember anything about it.

Q: What is the Solon Society ; what does it do?

A: I don't know anything about it.

Q: You have heard of it?

A: I have heard of the Solon Society, yes, sir; but I have nothing to do with it.

Q: Where is its office?

A I do not know; I think it is in Cleveland.

This firm was used by the Solon Society to purchase merchandise (household goods, furniture, clothing, etc.) at wholesale prices. All three of these women testified that Russell himself approached them and asked if they would allow their names to be used to create a company. -

Alice Land testified: "I understood it was formed for the purpose of purchasing goods at wholesale prices from the manufacturers for an association called the Solon Company or association...Mr. Russell was their representative." -------------------------------------------------------------------- - - Well! Why don't we take a look and see! - 1905 Solon Journal - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHEPQ7ZW - Atlantis

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

More good work from one of our treasures, Atlantis. Thanks, friend.

Len

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

FatFreek 2005:

Thank you so much FatFreek for making Atlantis feel better. He was a bit down because he sent pm messages to several people here on the board to see if they wanted the download links for The Lost Golden Age magazines, and out of about 30 people only 2 responded. A real disappointment for him, but your comments help greatly.

Nevada

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Ah yes i remember this little scandle!

Thankyou for the download...

So obviously a WT controlled society...Woodworth as editor, the linking of the solon and WBTS in it.

i dont understand why Russell felt the need to lie about it... it was so blatently true.

And if you pm me, i will be interested in the lost gloden ages...

oz

• cedars
    cedars

Atlantis - I'm afraid I don't get it. I've downloaded the Solon PDF, but I can't find where you got the court transcript from? Please can you point me in the direction of an original copy of the court transcript? Thanks, Cedars

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cedars: - The link above gives this information: - In the October 19, 1908 transcript of their divorce appeal much information was revealed about Russell the man. For example, Russell told Maria that if they separated, he would give her the house they were living in. If she refused, he would give her nothing. Nothing? Nothing after 18 years of working full time with him in his pet religion? Nothing after giving up the.. - You would need to get the divorce transcript - Russell v. Russell Court transcript: - email for photocopies: [email protected] - Atlantis

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Atlantis - I just think this is an important discovery, and it would be better if the original transcripts were downloadable so that any Witnesses clicking onto this thread could see for themselves that nobody is making this stuff up.

I've just commented on another thread where Russell arrogantly dismissed a reader who wrote into the Watch Tower questioning his chronology behind 606 BCE. He was a truly horrible little bearded man!! And a liar too, by the sounds of things.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Aussie Oz:

You have a pm!

Nevada

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Nevada, we do not have mail notifications here, we have to check our mail "manually" as you already know that, if Atlantis send out 30 PMs. You or Atlantis can start another topic that 30 have PMs, Everyone will then check for their PMs.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

lamallcool:

Yes, thank you! We thought about that but felt that there was just no interest. There might be one week or two for the links to remain active and that will be the end of that project. Atlantis will never offer them again. What a shame!

Nevada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit