"God is Love" vs. "Mentally Diseased" vs. Pink Lingerie

by HintOfLime 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

All this discussion about the 'mentally diseased' comment the WT made got me thinking...

Is that not exactly how it starts? The de-huminizing of other people? When the Protestants began to reform from the Catholic church - where did it start? The protestants disagreed with the catholics... the catholics disagreed with the protestants... and when that wasn't enough, it got ugly. But it started with words. De-humanizing, dis-respecting, making the viewpoint of other humans invalid - making the subject of hate and intollerance. I frequently dis-agree with creationists and even christians on this board. I openly mock their gods for being unable to do.. anything. But I don't like the mockery and de-huminizing of people. People are real.

Jehovah's Witnesses are now demonstrating that they are NO DIFFERENT from any other intollerant religious group. They are starting down that same path, retracing the same basic steps that have divided and hurt man since the beginning of time - to de-huminize their fellow man with hate speech.

Considering how many of us have people we love still attached... it is a real concern. JW's have been pursuaded by the GB to follow the "filthy reasoning of the world" - that those who do not agree with them should be freely looked down upon as "mentally inferior".

And so.. it begins.

- Lime

PS: The pink lingerie was added to make you look, because nobody reads my topics. We can discuss pink lingerie as well... I'm open to either discussion, really...

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Very good points you make . It shows just how far removed from true Christian brotherhood the Witness Org. is when they even dishonour and despise their own flesh and blood if they dare to take an opposing view. How can they say that another persons belief is wrong when they have the temerity to change their point of view and call it new light. Its the old old story of the blind leading the blind .

While we are on the subject is the wearing of pink lingerie on the quiet by the JW husband a disfellowshipping offence or is that a concious matter and does it fall foul of the witness dress code if bra and panties don't match when going from door to door.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    While we are on the subject is the wearing of pink lingerie on the quiet by the JW husband a disfellowshipping offence or is that a concious matter and does it fall foul of the witness dress code if bra and panties don't match when going from door to door.

Now there's a JW comittee meeting that needs a hidden camera...

- Lime

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I was looking for a deal on pink lingerie!

Yeah there is a huge difference between insulting an idea and insulting a person---it's a hard line to toe at times, I fail often.

They really don't have any more options. This website is huge. Punch Jehovah Witness into google, and it's one of the first to pop up. Once here, in just moments, a TON of information pours out. And there is no unlearning what you have learned.

Today ALL of the kids have access to computers and internet and it is impossible to for any parent to completely supervise the use. School, library, bedrooms---and if not there, on a tiny handheld computer on the school bus.

They can only hope to intill a phobia.

NC

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Today ALL of the kids have access to computers and internet and it is impossible to for any parent to completely supervise the use. School, library, bedrooms---and if not there, on a tiny handheld computer on the school bus.
    They can only hope to intill a phobia.

That is the unfortunately reality. When backed into a corner, leaders always behave the same - rather than appologizing for their wrong actions - they lash out against those who call them out in their failures and mis-deeds.

They can't counter or deny the accusations. They said the generation of 1914 would by 'no means pass away'. Plain and simple - they were wrong, they were not 'led by holy spirit', 'inspired', or 'god's channel of communication' - they were just speaking the opinions of men. They refuse to humbly admit their mistake - and they lash out against those who notice their hypocracy.

- Lime

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

you got me with the pink lingerie...

thinking about it, up to now i've only ever heard about "spiritually weak", but "mentally deseased" is quite an expression...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I was looking for a deal on pink lingerie!

I try to keep my releationships on JWN strictly platonic. Oh what the hell - I know what a sewing machine does. I can search youtube for "how to create a french stitch".

All I need to know are your measurements....

- Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It was worth a try.

- Lime

• sizemik
    sizemik
    They are starting down that same path, retracing the same basic steps that have divided and hurt man since the beginning of time - to de-huminize their fellow man with hate speech.

Yes . . . that does concern me. Unfortunately it's the central theme of the OT. Most modern Bible-based religions remain fairly remote from the "edge of the sword" stuff that crams it's pages . . . but with a fundamentalist approach that wallows in it . . . it's not surprising that the "them v us" quickly spills over into hatred. Even the NT is heavily tainted with it . . . and it surfaces with Islamic fundamentalism as well. The thinking becomes so perverse that such hatred is seen as virtuous.

Ironically, there exists the "prophecy" (or at least an interpretation of it), that the secular world will turn on religion and destroy it completely. Personally, this is one prophecy I wouldn't mind seeing fulfilled . . . without too much blood of course. Religious fundamentalism is a scourge . . . and the JW's seem to be refining their art of practicing it.

• Sulla
    Sulla

HintOfLime: Jehovah's Witnesses are nowdemonstrating that they are NO DIFFERENT from any other intollerant religious group. They are starting down that same path, retracing the same basic steps that have divided and hurt man since the beginning of time - to de-huminize their fellow man with hate speech.

Hmmm. You talk like somebody who thinks they were different at one time. They've changed since you left, you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit