Another question for those who attended the "Mentally Diseased" Watchtower

by cantleave 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget and I are helping Amelia prepare for her statement to the Police tomorrow. One of the possible objections is that the term "mentally diseased" is metaphorical.

When people answered on this paragraph did they say "people who leave ARE metally diseased" or did they say "they are LIKE mentally diseased" people?

If they said the former it would indicate that they did not take it metaphorically.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

In the congregation I attended, a minor child made the comment on the paragraph. The child said that "apostates are mentally diseased" ... it made me sad because the child's mother is considered to be an apostate and I couldn't help but wonder how the father might have prepared that lesson with his child. (parents are divorced)

• poppers
    poppers

One of the possible objections is that the term "mentally diseased" is metaphorical.

Even if it were metaphorical they still treat people as if it were a literal statement, and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. They can claim it's metaphorical knowing that the rank and file will follow through as though it's literal, and that's despicable.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,”

and they seek to infect others

with their disloyal teachings.

(1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great

Physician, tells us to avoid contact

with them. We know what he

means, but are we determined to

heed his warning in all respects?

• Lore
    Lore
    One of the possible objections is that the term "mentally diseased" is metaphorical.

Anyone who makes that claim is a metaphorical idiot!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I'll have to listen to my recording again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Please do serenity

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If anyone recorded the entire meeting it would probably be great evidence to use.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes it would MS.

• clarity
    clarity

I heard it full on ... "apostates ARE mentally diseased".

Said with disgust and anger!

"To be treated as if carrying a contagious disease!"

"We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses!"

Does this sound like love ....... or Hate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit