Jehovah's Witnesses Are A Silly Religion!

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The more "spiritual food" I see from the magazines and the more I read on this site that Circuit Overeers say, the more ridiculous this religion gets.

When I review all the early history of this group, how could it be any other way???

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ya think?

Peace to you, Miniman... and for what it's worth, I kinda like the threads where you aren't stating the painfully obvious so much a bit more...

SA, on her own... jus' messin' with ya (since your BGF, Miz Sylvie, ain't 'round to do it, rat now...)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Silly you say. . ??

So how long have you realized that the Dubs are silly? I myself and the others on here have a few stronger words form them however, which I'm sure you're quite aware of at this time.

I think you're just trying to reach some astronimical number for being the person with the most postings here and that's all your mind could come up with at the time you posted since you surely couldn't think we all don't know that already.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Best definition of "silly" = Lacking in good sense or judgement..

Like the apparently smart guy I know who gave up a good job to move up here and downsize to a small home in order to Pioneer..or the ones who cling to the Borg no matter what, despite all the predictions that they grew up with having failed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

sil·ly

    / 's?li / Show Spelled [ sil -ee ] Show IPA adjective, -li·er, -li·est, noun, plural -lies.

adjective

1. weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish: a silly writer. 2. absurd; ridiculous; irrational: asillyidea.

stu·pid

    / 'stup?d , 'styu- / Show Spelled [ stoo -pid , styoo - ] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun adjective 1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull. 2. characterized by orproceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: astupidquestion. 3. tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party. ...................................................... Stupid is a better word.. ......................;-)...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, I was trying to be gentle.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well, sillier than most.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm reading Ben Elton's 'Blind Faith' at the moment.

I guess that to anyone who had no cult association it is an insane story, but the logic used by the characters is so familiar to me it is driving me nuts reading it. I feel like banging my head on the wall. I can't see how the story can have a good ending for the main character when 90% of the characters are happy in their blissful ignorance. He is in my world. Just the names and cultspeak are changed.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

ShirleyW- Please stop attacking individuals, your comments must be based on the sense contained in the thread, you don't have the audacity to scrutinize people's motives here. You took it too far, Please be careful.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Mankelli

Didn't realize you are a moderator of the board. But first just confirm for me, or you a moderator here, or just like you don't care for my opinions I guess everyone should conform to your opinions ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit