I've completely revamped my business website

by JeffT 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Feedback is always welcome. I have to do something to make some money. I've included links to some of my recent (business related) writing.

www.soundnumbers.biz

Thanks for any input

JeffT

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Jeff, good effort. Two things:

- get rid of the GoDaddy ad at the bottom of the page, even if you have to pony up few bucks a month. Personally, I think it has an unprofessional facet to it.

- The third person description of your skills and achievements in the "About" section feels cold. I would put instead a modified version of a case study where you show how your skills and achievements solved someone's problem.

Other than that, I like the clean design and simple color scheme.

The best of luck and prosperity with the biz

• Lore
    Lore

Do you think you could combine the 'Philosophy and Mission' with the 'About Us' section.

This would firstly cut down on the number of pages your viewers have to read.

It would also allow you to move the "Links to Jeffs Articles" button up to the top bar and get them all on one line.

And having fewer pages makes your site less intimidating.

Oh, and the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of your home page actually takes you a sample page instead of linking to your 'contact us' page

Lastly. There is NO mention of pricing anyone on the site, which is fine I guess, but it means that the customer is going to HAVE to use the contact us form if they are even slightly interested.

But your contact us form is scary, do you really need their full name, address and 2 phone numbers?

I realize those forms can be left blank but a suprising number of people think you have to fill out all those forms and it will probably scare them away.

Maybe you should only ask for their name, phone number and email address.

And I wouldn't seperate it into first and last names, it seems friendlier to just ask for their name, they'll tell you what they want to tell you. And let them know the phone number is optional.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Jeff,

I like it! Good Luck with the business. Sounds like you have a lot of experience and knowledge.

Regards,

Jim TX

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's a good looking page. The only thing I can think of that you can improve is the banner with the company name on it. Maybe you can come up with a logo or make it a bit more appealing.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Site looks great, Jeff. Huge improvement. Some of the advice on this thread is very solid, IMHO. Yan Bibiyan's in particular. I think your "About" could be punched up a bit. I think the same is true for the "Recent Projects" page. If you are a bit shy about singing your own praises (as I am), have someone else do it for you! Have someone help that can sell you. It is all show biz.

Either way, the site looks solid now.

Cheers and good luck.

BTS

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    The only thing I can think of that you can improve is the banner with the company name on it. Maybe you can come up with a logo or make it a bit more appealing.

Agreed.

BTS

• Glander
    Glander

I like the part where you left out the Solyndra account.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hi JeffT ; It's almost perfect!

It's concise with the pertinent content, good.

But; how about making the gray buttons, and black lettering a bit fancier?

Best to you; AB

PS: If you make letter heads ,and business cards with the same photo, and fonts; that would be great.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thanks all. I seem to be a bit limited on the fonts that I can use. I will double check links etc. I'm not sure I can make the godaddy logo disappear. In any event I'm short on funds at the moment. I may just delete the contact page. Proably anybody that looks at this is some one I've handed my card to and chatted up some where. Plain old e-mail will do just fine.

I'll keep tinkering with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit