JWs and hard times

by xelder 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hey; N.drew, that's funny! I've got too many books myself.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If you publicly condemn a person for lying, you have to risk forever more being viewed a liar by honest folks.

Do you know that rule?

• N.drew
    N.drew

By the way, theology books are the last books I will ever read, if I ever read them

Nancy's rule #one Do not lean on your own understanding, how much worse to lean on someone else's understanding.

Speaking of books A good one for peace, not war is Our Last Best Chance by King Abdullah II of Jordan.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Say xelder; do you have any details on "rank and file" JW's statements about their lack of funds?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better still, I would like to see what would happen if there really was a great tribulation, but it doesn't go as they planned. They find out, for instance, that being in a religion is not the key to salvation--or, that salvation itself is a scam and that they are all going to be seized, placed into little tiny cages in compounds that resemble confined animal feed lots, and enslaved. Or, they find out that their money becomes worthless but gold and silver become the real currency--all you need is to get your investments out of toilet paper denominated assets and into physical assets. Or, they find that their religion is not even close to the truth--and they find themselves getting destroyed along with the world.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

WT, they could not face a fact such as being another tribulation with no God End Game.

• xelder
    xelder

Awarebeing....you have a private message (PM)

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Okay; xelder!

Thank you, got it.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

St George of England said,

"Russell wrote in the late 1890's that conditions were so bad he couldn't see how the world could possibly continue on until 1914."

I've read that somewhere. Does anybody have the reference where I can find it?

It's a remark so often repeated by JWs, and it goes back virtually to the beginning of the religion.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The stress along the lines of social, political and financial affairs all indicate that the great time of trouble and anarchy with which this age will end cannot be far off--cannot lie much, if any, beyond October, 1914. And if that date pass it would merely prove that our chronology, our "alarm clock," went off a little before the time. Watchtower Jan 1911

Not what you are after precisely, i am sure i have what you want saved somewhere! Will keep looking...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit