Ugly people and crimes.

by Lore 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

I like to think that I'm perfectly rational at all times.

So in the interest of making myself more awesome I'd like to admit to and try to to fix a prejudice I think I may have. But I'd also like to make sure it's not grounded in reality.

So earlier I saw a story about a woman who killed her baby in the microwave. I knew before I even clicked it that she was gonna be ugly. Probably overweight and have a weird shaped face.

Sure enough, I was right.

So I realized I was a pretty prejudist in this case. Even if I was right I shouldn't have assumed in advance that she'd be ugly. So I went searching for other crazy murderers, people who kill their children, etc trying to find a picture of a good looking one. . . as of yet I have failed.

Does the media just NOT show pictures of them if they're good looking, or pick the ugliest picture possible of an otherwise good-looking murderer?

Are they ACTUALLY good looking and I simply view them as ugly after I know what they did? (Maybe her super big forehead, asymetrical nose and far apart eyes are beautiful if you don't know what she did.)

Are ugly people really more likely to commit horrible crimes for whatever reason?

What am I missing here?

• JRK
    JRK

Casey Anthony was cute, just sayin.'

JK

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I would bang Casey Anthony before she killed Caylee. /

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

sorry if this is off topic, but worth a read, http://www.ksl.com/?sid=17216423&nid=1011

• james_woods
    james_woods

Wasn't Lizzy Borden said to be pretty in newspaper accounts from her time?

We had a mother here in Dallas some years ago who faked a break-in robbery in her house and killed her two young sons for their insurance money. She was not exactly a fashion model, but I guess some people would have called her relatively nice looking.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Did you guys get a load of that kidnapper/pedophile, Randall Hopley? Aye yi yi! He's one nasty looking dude.

(He is a convicted sex offender who abducted a little three year old boy, Kienan Hebert, last week. In a bizarre twist, he actually returned the little guy to his home unharmed :)...

But seriously UGLY!

• Mary
    Mary

These two picture-perfect people were responsible for some of the most horrific rapes and murders in Canadian history:

And who could forget Prince Charming who murdered his pregnant wife:

• mummatron
    mummatron

Petty crminals are often considered less attractive as drugs such as crystal meth affect the skin, hair, teeth, nails and cause extreme weight loss.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    These two picture-perfect people were responsible for some of the most horrific rapes and murders in Canadian history:

And I saw on a True Crime TV show that the woman (who was absolutely equally guilty) did minimum time for it and is now out and living incognito.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Wasn't Ted Bundy considered to be a handsome man?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit