Fallout from the apostate-bashing WT article?

by cedars 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
  • Bella15
    Bella15

OMG! I HAVE HEARD IT ALL IN THIS LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! From RagingBull: "Oh...during the announcements, the brother made it a point to mention that the machines can be pulled forward for those in wheelchairs so that they can access and see the buttons. (I lie to you not!) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ "

You guys are going to drive me crazy ... LOL!!!

Next will be announcements for the blind ...

• agent zero
    agent zero

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was this last sunday?!?!??!?!??!?

I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY wanted to be there for that one... but i forgot! had been looking forward to it for months!

• kashkrunched
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Best part for me is that my daughter was with me that day and not at a kingdom hall to get that disgusting message!

oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

agent zero -

I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

....but did they miss you?

I wonder if we'll get to hear audio of it on the net?!?!

I see the term 'apostate' is just a 'boogey-man' to the dubs. How can I put it.....?

They believe this fictitious enemy exists but cannot see it in reality. The term 'apostate' has become so surreal that it can't possibly be their loved ones that the article is really trying to identify. Sounds like the GB have built up th efear of 'apostates' to such a high degree it's become a non reality. The term is now so mystical that it has no substance in reality.

The JDubs probably think apostates are all like my avatar!!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Well I dug out my arse-kicking boots and put them on.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Isn't the whole 'apostates' = 'mentally diseased' the logical fallacy known as a Non sequitur?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks punk and sizemik - I've been following your entries on the thread about taking action against the "mentally diseased" claim, i.e. is it demeaning to those who suffer from mental illnesses? An interesting angle. I really hope you get somewhere with the email campaign, etc.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    Sounds like the GB have built up th efear of 'apostates' to such a high degree it's become a non reality. The term is now so mystical that it has no substance in reality.

thats true. i was talking with an uber-dub once about this guy we both know who left the "truth" and is quite open about talking with others about what we'd call here, talking about what's wrong with the religion. right away the dub warned we should stay away from him because "not only did he leave the truth, he's BORDERLINE APOSTATE!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit